Another Great US vs. JAPAN Matchup set for June 24 – Unlikely to Result in Draw
TALENTED FEATHERWEIGHTS JUSTIN LAWRENCE AND ISAO KOBAYASHI SQUARE OFF IN FEATURED PRELIM OF ‘BELLATOR: DYNAMITE 2’ ON JUNE 24
SANTA MONICA, CALIF. (June 3, 2016) – A featherweight bout pitting Justin Lawrence (8-3) against Isao Kobayashi (18-3) will anchor the preliminary portion of “Bellator: Dynamite 2” on June 24 at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
The bout joins a main event that features a heavyweight bout between “Rampage” Jackson (36-11) and Satoshi Ishii (14-5-1) in “Rampage’s” first fight for the Scott Coker-led promotion since 2014. The evening’s co-main event will feature a lightweight world championship fight between former titlist Michael Chandler (14-3) and Patricky “Pitbull” (16-7). Also the main card, former NFL player Matt Mitrione (9-5) makes his debut for Bellator MMA against Carl “Badwater” Seumanutafa (10-6). Rounding out the main card action, undefeated Ilima Macfarlane (3-0) will face Rebecca Ruth (6-1) in a flyweight contest.
Tickets for “Bellator: Dynamite 2” start at just $30 and are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com and the Ford Box Office at Scottrade Center. Doors for the event open at 5 p.m. CT local time, and the first bout is scheduled to take place one hour after.
“Bellator: Dynamite 2” airs live and free on Spike at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT, while preliminary bouts will stream live on Bellator.com and The Bellator Mobile App. Doors for the event open at 5:00 pm CT, with the first streamed fight taking place at 5:30 pm CT.
Exactly like the groundbreaking inaugural “Dynamite” event this past September in San Jose, both a mixed martial arts cage and kickboxing ring will cover the floor at Scottrade Center, giving fans in attendance the opportunity to see both iterations of combat sports on the same night. A portion of the preliminary action on June 24 will take place simultaneously, allowing those in attendance to witness MMA and kickboxing with a simple swivel of the head.
A native of Missouri, Justin “The American Kid” Lawrence will put his 8-3 career mark on the line when he challenges Isao Kobayashi in front of his hometown fans at “Bellator: Dynamite 2.” The 25-year-old budding star has won four of his last five bouts, including a first round knockout in his Bellator MMA debut against Sean Wilson at “Bellator 138: Unfinished Business.” Lawrence began his professional career under the Strikeforce umbrella, before a brief stint on “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show and now has his eyes set on truly making a splash in the always-competitive Bellator MMA featherweight division.
After going undefeated through his first eight fights as a professional, Kobayashi has put together an impressive resume with an overall record of 18-3, and eight wins coming by way of knockout. Following seven with the Pancrase promotion, the 27-year-old will enter the cage for the second time under the Bellator MMA banner and first time since October of last year. The Japanese featherweight has been known to extend fights and outlast opponents with his phenomenal endurance. Each of his last eight fights have made their way to the third round, with six of those eight going the distance. After recording a streak of 12 consecutive fights without a loss over a four-year period (2010-14), Kobayashi will look to kick off yet another long string of success when he takes on Justin Lawrence on June 24.
Updated “Bellator: Dynamite 2” Fight Card:
- Bellator MMA Heavyweight Main Event: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (36-11) vs. Satoshi Ishii (14-5-1)
- Bellator MMA Lightweight World Title Bout: Michael Chandler (14-3) vs. Patricky “Pitbull” Freire (16-7)
- Bellator MMA Heavyweight Feature Bout: Matt Mitrione (9-5) vs. Carl Seumanutafa (10-6)
- Bellator MMA Flyweight Feature Bout: Ilima-Lei Macfalane (3-0) vs. Rebecca Ruth (6-1)
- Bellator MMA Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Justin Lawrence (8-3) vs. Isao Kobayashi (18-3)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Guilherme “Bomba” Vasconcelos (7-3) vs. Jordan Dowdy (3-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Kevin Engel (5-0) vs. Chel Erwin-Davis (3-1)
- Bellator MMA Bantamweight Preliminary Bout: Jordan Howard (9-3) vs Justin Robbins (14-17-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Joaquin Buckley (5-0) vs Chris Heatherly (9-3-1)
- Bellator MMA 130-pound Preliminary Bout: Michelle Royer (1-0) vs Katy Collins (3-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Brad Jones (5-4) vs Tyler Claussen (2-0)
- Bellator MMA Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Jason Christeson (1-0) vs Jarrod Thomas (0-0)
- Bellator MMA Heavyweight Preliminary Bout: Lee Burns (2-0) vs. Byron Stevens (0-0)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Steven Mann (11-4) vs. Mike Estus (7-4)
- Bellator MMA Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Rashard Lovelace (3-0) vs. Garret Mueller (2-1)
- Bellator MMA Strawweight Preliminary Bout: Nikki Smith (1-0) vs. Ashley Cummins (3-3)
- Bellator Kickboxing Preliminary Bout: Elmir Kulosman (3-0) vs. Darryl Cobb (2-1)
- Bellator Kickboxing Preliminary Bout: Tara Walker (4-3-1) vs. Mimi Kutzin (3-2)
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous UFC 199 weigh-ins LIVE Sream on FightBookMMA.com at 7 p.m. ET
- Next Weigh-in results : Cage Warriors 76
Sorry - Comments are closed