Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen Results, Salaries and Video Highlights
Los Angeles, Calif. (Sun, January 22, 2017)– Bellator 170: Ortiz vs. Sonnen took place on January 21, 2017 inside The Forum in Los Angeles, Calif. The event broadcast live and free on SPIKE while the undercard will streamed LIVE on FightBookMMA.
Below you will find the video highlights official results and salaries from the event. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) released the salaries to MMAFighting.com.
In the main event, Toto and Chael wasted no time and started attacking one another. Early in the round, Chael and Tito ended up on the mat as Chael tried to get a rear-naked choke on Tito, he survived the early submission attempt. Tito ended up on Chaels back and went for a rear-naked choke himself, after Sonnen attempts to get out Tito kept squeezing to that point where Sonnen had to tap out. Tito Ortiz def. Chael Sonnen via submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 1 at the 2:03 mark.
In the co-main event, Daley and Ward came in swinging for the fences. Ward spent the early part of the round rushing towards Daley. Ward and Daley end up against the cage and that’s when Daley connected with a spinning back elbow. Ward stumbled as the elbow hurt Ward ans that’s when Daly followed with a devastating picture-perfect flying knee to send Ward unconscious to the mat. Paul Daley def. Brennan Ward via knockout (flying knee) in Round 1 at the 2:27 mark.
Bellator 170 results:
- Tito Ortiz def. Chael Sonnen via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:03
- Paul Daley def. Brennan Ward via knockout (flying knee) – Round 1, 2:27
- Hisaki Kato def. Ralek Gracie via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Emmanuel Sanchez def. Georgi Karakhanyan via majority decision (28-28, 28-27, 28-27)
- Derek Campos def. Derek Anderson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Henry Corrales def. Cody Bollinger via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 4:28
- Guilherme Vasconcelos def. John Mercurio via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 0:41
- Keith Berry vs. Kevin Casey declared majority draw (29-27, 28-28, 28-28)
- Alex Soto def. Demarcus Brown via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Chinzo Machida def. Jamar Ocampo via TKO (punch) – Round 3, 3:48
- Jalin Turner def. Gabriel Green via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:36
- Jack May def. Dave Cryer via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:41
- Daniel Rodriguez def. Christian Gonzalez via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:55
Bellator 170 Salaries:
Main card (Spike)
- Tito Ortiz ($300,000 + no win bonus = $300,000) def. Chael Sonnen ($50,000)
- Paul Daley ($50,000 + no win bonus = $50,000) def. Brennan Ward ($50,000)
- Hisaki Kato ($30,000 + no win bonus = $33,000) def. Ralek Gracie ($33,000)
- Emmanuel Sanchez ($20,000 + $20,000 = $40,000) def. Georgi Karakhanyan ($24,000)
- Derek Campos (19,200 + $15,000 = $34,200) def. Derek Anderson ($7,800)
- Henry Corrales ($14,000 + $14,000 = $28,000) def. Cody Bollinger ($2,500)
- Guilherme Bomba ($12,000 + $12,000 = $24,000) def. John Mercurio ($2,000)
- Kevin Casey ($10,000) fought to draw with Keith Berry ($3,000)
- Alex Soto ($3,000 + $3,000 – $6,000*) def. Demarcus Brown ($2,000)
- Chinzo Machida ($10,000 + $10,000) def. Jacar Ocampo ($1,500)
- Jacob Rosales ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Ian Butler ($1,500)
- Mike Segura ($1,500 + $1,500 = $3,000) def. Tommy Aaron ($2,000)
- James Barnes ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Rob Gooch ($2,000)
- Curtis Millender ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Johnny Cisneros ($2,000)
- Colleen Schneider ($3,000* + $3,000 = $6,000) def. Chrissie Daniels ($4,500)
- Jalin Turner ($1,500 + $1,500 = $3,000) def. Gabriel Green ($2,000)
- Jack May ($2,000 + $2,000 = $4,000) def. Dave Cryer ($2,000)
- Daniel Rodriguez ($1,500 + $1,500 = $3,000) def. Christina Gonzalez ($1,500*)
*fined 20 percent of purse, 10 of which goes to opponent, for missing weight
Follow CEO/President/Owner Roberto Villa
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
What does it mean to be a Team Beachbody Coach? It means earning an income while you help yourself and others live healthier, more fulfilling lives. It’s being passionate about helping to end the trend of obesity in this country. All by doing what you love—staying fit and healthy, while inspiring others to do the same.
Why Drink Shakeology Every Day? It can help you: Lose weight, Reduce junk food cravings, Provide healthy energy, Support your digestion and regularity.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Click Here and start creating change—in your life and in the lives of others—today. You can be part of something so big, it’s changing the world, one healthy decision at a time.
Sorry - Comments are closed
FightBook MMA Facebook
Help us keep the lights on.