Dallas, TX– Oct. 15, 2016 – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion Mackenzie Dern (2-0) stepped up against her toughest competition yet in her second career fight against Montana Stewart (5-2) to land a rear-naked choke in the first round after smoothly transitioning between multiple submission attempts.
More can’t-miss moments from tonight’s event include:
– After a fireworks-filled 3-round war, Damon Jackson (10-1-1, 1 NC) emerged victorious with a unanimous decision over Levi Mowles (4-2, 1 NC).
– Abdul Razak Alhassan (6-0) scored his sixth sub-minute victory knocking out Jos Eichelberger (19-10), who fought last Friday at Legacy 60 and took the fight on 48-hours’ notice.
– It only took one punch for heavyweight Rashad Coulter (7-1) to knock out Jeremy Hardy (4-3) cold in the first round.
– The second round bell rang, but Bilal Williams (7-3) was out cold as Melvin Jordon (5-2) scored the technical submission victory on a rear-naked choke.
– Rob Butler (1-0) won his professional MMA debut with a 25-second TKO of Takayuki Iijimi (9-7).
Video highlights from tonight’s fights are available here presented by UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich and “The Voice” Michael Schiavello from the Bomb Factor in Dallas:
Please note Mark Delarosa did now show up to fight in the main event after weighing in Thursday and Steven Peterson will defend his championship in the near future
Televised Main Card:
Featherweight Fight – Damon Jackson (10-1-1, 1 NC) defeated Levi Mowles (4-2, 1 NC) via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28).
Strawweight Fight – Mackenzie Dern (2-0) defeated Montana Stewart (5-3) by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:25 in round one.
Catchweight Fight – Abdul Razak Alhassan (6-0) defeated Jos Eichelberger (19-10) by TKO (punches) at 0:57 in round one.
Heayweight Fight – Rashad Coulter (7-1) defeated Jeremy Hardy (4-3) by knockout (punch) at 1:11 in round one.
Welterweight Fight – Melvin Jordan (5-2) defeated Bilal Williams (7-3) by Technical Submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:59 in round two.
Featherweight Fight – Rob Butler (1-0) defeated Takayuki Iijimi (9-7) via TKO (punches) at 0:25 in round one.