BREAKING: Conor McGregor Attacks Bus at Barclays Center, NYPD Actively Searching For Him
Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here.
FightBookMMA Amazon Store.
FightBookMMA Box Office for all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts.
Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV.
Following the UFC 223 media day, Conor McGregor and his crew arrived at the Barclays Center, attacking a departing bus filled with UFC talent, and in the process, injuring one.
Michael Chiesa has reportedly suffered lacerations to his face from objects being thrown at the bus windows, breaking the glass, resulting in injury.
Many are speculating this stemmed from Khabib Nurmagomedov and Artem Lobov’s hallway despite from earlier this week, where McGregor seemed unhappy with what had happened, and stormed the ending of the event to assist in some sort of revenge.
Felice Herrig (who’s fighting on UFC 223) first posted a video of the occurring event, then posted to other social media outlets.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) April 5, 2018
Prior to him arriving at the bus terminal inside the Barclays Center, this is Conor McGregor and his entourage searching for their target:
Conor McGregor invadiu a Barclays Center correndo com mais umas dez pessoas à procura de Khabib e Holloway. Os dois já tinha saído do media day. Conor e sei staff subiram pelo elevador. Irlandês chegou de surpresa!!!! Dia promete! #feedmma pic.twitter.com/gEBn4xKmmJ
— Zeca Azevedo (@zeca_geraldo) April 5, 2018
This is McGregor, with another angel at the bus, attempting to board, and create a confrontation with Nurmagomedov:
Since the incident, Dana White was informed of the drama taking place, and making his way back to the Barclays Center.
According to Jim Edwards of MMANytt, Mcgregor is now in police custody in Brooklyn.
Damon Martin (at 3:00pm EST) reports on Twitter: “NYPD confirms they are investigating the incident at the Barclays Center but no word yet on whether or not Conor McGregor was arrested.”
Dana White just told reporters (at 3:06pm EST) that Artem Lobov is off the UFC 223 fight card this Saturday.
(3:10pm EST) White says NYPD had issues a warrant for McGregor’s arrest, and once again, Lobov off the UFC 223 fight card due to his involvement in the altercation. His plane unable to leave New York, as it’s been grounded. As reported earlier, McGregor is in fact not in custody as of yet. at the now current time of 3:15pm EST.
(3:35pm EST) As posted by Brett Okamoto via: Twitter (VIDEO)
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018
Dana White: “This was a real bad career move for him (McGregor)”
(3:43pm EST) “Despite Dana White’s comments about an arrest warrant on McGregor, ABC News reports NYPD is currently investigating the incident and has not issued a warrant yet.”
(3:56pm EST) Marc Raimondi: “Just spoke to a spokesman for the NYPD. There is no warrant out for Conor McGregor’s arrest at this time, he said. They are, though, looking for him and want to speak with him, the spokesman said. No one has filed charges against McGregor at this moment.”
(3:58pm EST) New footage posted by Caposa on Twitter clearly shows McGregor throwing a dolly at the bus window.
yoooooo… first time seeing this one. Conor has legit lost his mind. pic.twitter.com/XcLFd2FIMo
— caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman) April 5, 2018
(4:09pm EST) Posted by mmajunkie, a more detailed look into the situation that took play at the Barclays Center. Rose Namajunas nearly injured, and almost pulled out of UFC 223, but has since been reported by Ariel Helwani she will still compete.
— MMAjunkie (@MMAjunkie) April 5, 2018
Pushing ahead in the sit down with Dana White, Brett Okamoto posted this video, where he asks about White, and/or the UFC doing business with McGregor moving forward. White responds:
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018
In the full 7 minute in length video, White says he hopes TheMacLife media members are arrested for letting McGregor and estimated 20 people into the Barclays Center’s loading dock, where the fighters were aboard the buses.
(4:15pm EST) TMZ posted a video showing the inside of the bus when Conor McGregor threw the dolly, breaking the window of the bus. While still unconfirmed, it’s argued that this is the moment Michael Chiesa suffered his current injuries. He has been taken to the hospital.
— Justin Golightly (@SecretMovesMMA) April 5, 2018
Michael Chiesa currently being treated for multiple little cuts from broken class. 50/50 chance he remains on this weekends PPV card.
(4:38pm est) Nate Diaz takes on Twitter, and almost seemingly supports the attack. Says “u guys got punked”
He shouldn't have been trying to punk his boy when he was alone, like a bully. Then he expects not to get rolled on fukn rookie..
And then stay on the bus
haha u guys got punked ….
— Nathan Diaz (@NateDiaz209) April 5, 2018
(4:39pm EST) Michael Chisea out of the hospital and plans on fighting this weekend. Now moving forward to make weight for tomorrow’s weigh-ins.
Be sure to follow Adam LeBarr on Twitter: @thefightersblog for more updates on this breaking news story.
Help us sponsor fighters by joining our Paid Subscription List and have a chance to win some AWESOME Perks by going here.
Help us keep the lights on.
- Previous From humble beginnings to the bright lights: the story of Brave 11’s Elaine “Pantera”
- Next Rey Vargas will make the third defense of his WBC Super Bantamweight World title against Azat “Crazy A” Hovhannisyan
Sorry - Comments are closed