CAGE FURY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS TEAMS UP WITH ALLIANCE MMA AT CFFC 61
Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here.
FightBookMMA Amazon Store.
FightBookMMA Box Office for all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts.
Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV.
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Atlantic City, NJ
Click HERE for photos
Photo Credit : Maggie McMaster
Tuesday, November 1, 2016— For the first time, Cage Fury Fighting Championships teamed up with Alliance MMA at the Borgata Event Center at the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City. This high energy arena was the showplace of some of the most elite grapplers and strikers up and down the East Coast this past Saturday night. The historic main event featured, Zu Anyanwu, the current CFFC Heavyweight Champion of the world who, with a record of 11-4, vowed to have his opponent call him ‘daddy’ by the end of the fight. That did not sit well with the challenger, Joe Pinto, an undefeated fighter out Kenilworth, NJ. Pinto stepped up and asked to fight Anyanwu. Pinto weighing in at 221 lbs. faced the champ who weighed in at 245.3 lbs. at the center of the cage. Not surprisingly, there was no glove tap at the sound of the bell.
They came out swinging. Pinto was represented well by the loud crowd cheering him on. The two heavy weights battled it out on their feet in this exciting back and forth battle testing each fighter to their limits. They traded punches throughout four rounds and showed such guts and heart the crowd was thunderous. Keith Peterson called a stop to the fight at 3:14 left of the fourth round due to TKO. Anyanwue looked great as the defending champ and walked away with his belt in tact.
The Co-main event featured Miguel Restrepo and Ricky Bandejares. A win was crucial for each fighter in moving up the ranks to get closer to a UFC call to the big show. By the end of the three round contest, the judges unanimously scored the fight 30-27 in favor of Bandejares.
- Zu Anyanwu def. Joe Pinto TKO Rnd 4
- Ricky Bandejas def. Miguel Restrepo U/D (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- DJ Jackson def. Bassil Badre Hafez U/D (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Shawn Teed def. Jon Romero submission 3:07 Rnd 1
- Joe Selecki def. Chris Rollins by submission (RNC) 2:00 Rnd 1
- Claudio Ledesma def. Tuan Pham via S/D 28-29, 28-29, 29-28
- Cesar Balmaceda def. Corey Menafra TKO 1:44 Rnd 2
- Hopeton Stewart def. Nekruz Mirkhojaev TKO 4:45 Rnd 2
By: Maggie McMaster
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
- Previous Rising star Rodriguez puts three-fight win streak on the line Friday in second career AXS TV showcase
- Next Q&A with Jimmy “The Truth” Herrera; Fights Taras Shelestyuk in ShoBox Main Event this Friday
Sorry - Comments are closed