CAGE WARRIORS 81 CARD FILLING UP AHEAD OF STACKED DUBLIN HOMECOMING
(Thu, February 23, 2017)– A growing professional fight card will be backed up with a packed card of amateur fights as Cage Warriors returns to Dublin with a bumper card of fights at the 3Arena on March 4.
Cage Warriors’ homecoming event at the 3Arena, Dublin is shaping up to be a huge night of Irish MMA, with a stacked card of professional and amateur bouts supported by the country’s biggest and best gyms.
Headlining the event on March 4 is a light-heavyweight title battle, as Ireland’s Karl Moore takes on former TUF veteran Josh Clarke for the vacant 205lb belt.
Also on the main card, popular Irish atomweight Catherine Costigan will seek to build on her 5-2 record against Wendy McKenna, while Joe McColgan will look to back up his notable win over Peter Queally with victory over heavy-handed Frenchman Arnold Quero.
The pro card has been bolstered by a host of bouts, including the rearranged welterweight bout between Håkon Foss and Martyn Harris and a battle between two promising pro debutants Eric Nolan and Marcin Zembala.
Backing up a strong pro lineup will be a host of amateur bouts featuring some of the most promising up-and-coming amateur fighters in the country, including a matchup that will see lightweight brothers Francis and Stephen Treacy going head to head in a battle of sibling rivalry.
In addition to a packed card of fights at the 3Arena, CW81 ticket holders will also have access to a special meet and greet session with some of the Cage Warriors stars of the past who have gone on to fight with distinction in the UFC.
“I can’t wait to return home to Ireland for Cage Warriors 81,” said Cage Warriors President Graham Boylan.
“A stacked pro and amateur card will give fans the chance to see the next generation of Irish MMA stars.”
“It’s shaping up to be one hell of a party at the 3Arena on the 4th March.”
The bout will be televised live on eirSPORT in Ireland, BT Sport in UK and Ireland, and streamed worldwide on UFC Fight Pass.
CAGE WARRIORS 81: CONFIRMED BOUTS
Bout order TBC
- Karl Moore (7-1) v Josh Clarke (10-3) – Cage Warriors light-heavyweight title (205lbs)
- Catherine Costigan (5-2) v Wendy McKenna (1-0) – atomweight bout (105lbs)
- Joe McColgan (3-0) v Arnold Quero (13-5, 1 NC) – lightweight bout (155lbs)
- Darren O’Gorman (4-1) v Blaine O’Driscoll (3-1) – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
- Hughie O’Rourke (pro debut) v Arann Maguire (0-1) – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
- Håkon Foss (7-3) v Martyn Harris (4-2) – welterweight bout (170lbs)
- Lloyd Manning (2-0) v Paul McBain (2-0) – featherweight bout (145lbs)
- Eric Nolan (pro debut) v Marcin Zembala (pro debut) – catchweight bout (150lbs)
- Bill Farrell v David Piotrowicz – light-heavyweight bout (205lbs)
- Richie Stack v Pawel Politylo – featherweight bout (145lbs)
- Mark Gallivan v Makinde Adeyemi – welterweight bout (170lbs)
- Francis Treacy v Stephen Treacy – lightweight bout (155lbs)
- Austin Lynch v Alex Brophy – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
- Colm O’Regan v Mateusz Kopyto – catchweight bout (161lbs)
- Ivan Blanita v Gary Coffey – welterweight bout (170lbs)
- Gary Wallace v Darren Sarsfield – catchweight bout (161lbs)
- David Whelan v Brandon Myers – bantamweight bout (135lbs)
- Adam Darby v Leon Hill – lightweight bout (155lbs)
- Barry Hanna v Matthew Whyte – catchweight bout (132.2lbs)
For the latest news and updates from Cage Warriors please visit CageWarriors.com and
Follow CEO/President/Owner Roberto Villa
Show your support and head out to our Online Store by going here.
Want to help sponsor a fighter? Than go here.
What does it mean to be a Team Beachbody Coach? It means earning an income while you help yourself and others live healthier, more fulfilling lives. It’s being passionate about helping to end the trend of obesity in this country. All by doing what you love—staying fit and healthy, while inspiring others to do the same.
Why Drink Shakeology Every Day? It can help you: Lose weight, Reduce junk food cravings, Provide healthy energy, Support your digestion and regularity.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Click Here and start creating change—in your life and in the lives of others—today. You can be part of something so big, it’s changing the world, one healthy decision at a time.
- Previous CAGE WARRIORS SIGNS REGIONAL DEVELOPMENTAL DEAL
- Next UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson 2 Media Conference Call LIVE on FightBookMMA at 2 p.m. PT
Sorry - Comments are closed