CAST FOR SEASON 23 OF THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER REVEALED
CAST REVEALED FOR
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: TEAM JOANNA vs.
Light heavyweight men and strawweight women compete for a UFC contract
Season premieres Wednesday, April 20 at 10 p.m. ET on FS1
Las Vegas – The upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter® will once again showcase mixed martial arts’ global expansion, as Polish strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and No. 1 contender Claudia Gadelha of Brazil lead a group of light heavyweight and strawweight hopefuls. Thirty-two Athletes from countries such as the Netherlands, Algeria, France, Norway, Spain, Canada, Brazil, England and the United States fight for one of 16 spots available in the premiere episode Wednesday, April 20 at 10 p.m. ET on FS1.
There will be no shortage of intensity and drama with Jedrzejczyk (11-0, fighting out of Olsztyn, Poland) and Gadelha (13-1, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) as one of the most intense rivalries in all of mixed martial arts plays out on screen. The two fought in December 2014 with Jedrzejczyk narrowly edging out Gadelha before eventually going on to win the strawweight world title. There will be no love lost between the two as their epic feud plays out every Wednesday night leading up to their highly anticipated rematch.
Since making her UFC debut in 2014, Jedrzejczyk has gone on to become one of the most dominant champions in the UFC and is widely regarded as one of the best strikers in the sport. With pinpoint accuracy and lightning quick speed, she has the ability to keep the belt in Poland for the foreseeable future.
Submission ace Gadelha will have revenge on her mind throughout the season and in their rematch, looking to prove that her slick submission game is exactly what it will take to counter Jedrzejczyk’s world class striking. As the only athlete to put the champion in danger of defeat, she looks to join Fabricio Werdum and Rafael Dos Anjos as the third Brazilian UFC champion at the culmination of the season.
The show will feature 12 episodes airing Wednesdays on FS1. Each episode’s winner will advance in the single-elimination tournament, leading to the season finale on July 8 in Las Vegas as part of International Fight Week. The finale will be headlined by this season’s coaches in a world title bout as Jedrzejczyk collides Gadelha.
Below is a full list of competitors by weight class name, professional record, age and hometown:
- J.J. Aldrich, 2-1, 23, Aurora, Colo.
- Chelsea Bailey, 2-0, 23, Chewelah, Wash.
- Amanda Cooper, 1-1, 24, Bath, Mich.
- Ashley Cummins, 3-3, 28, St. Louis
- Jodie Esquibel, 5-1, 29, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Mellony Geugjes, 0-1, 23, Amsterdam
- Lanchana Green, 2-1, 26, Darlington, England
- Helen Harper, 4-1, 28, Farnborough, England
- Kate Jackson, 7-2-1, 29, Lostwithiel, England
- Alyssa Krahn, 3-1, 28, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Kristi Lopez, 2-0, 33, Quartz Hill, Calif.
- Amy Montenegro, 7-2, 32, Forks, Wash.
- Jamie Moyle, 3-1, 27, Las Vegas
- Irene Rivera, 6-2, 22, Barcelona
- Tatiana Suarez, 3-0, 25, Fontana, Calif.
- Ashley Yoder, 4-1, 28, Indianapolis
- Kenneth Bergh, 3-0, 26, Oslo
- Trevor Carlson, 10-2, 27, Spring Creek, Nev.
- Muhammed DeReese, 5-0, 27, Titusville, Fla.
- Myron Dennis, 12-4, 27, Oklahoma City
- John Paul Elias, 3-0, 27, Fresno, Calif.
- Marcel Fortuna, 8-1, 30, Tubarao, Brazil
- Phil Hawes, 3-0, 27, Little Ferry, N.J.
- Cory Hendricks, 3-0, 27, Lynden, Wash.
- Jamelle Jones, 6-2, 28, Atlantic City, N.J.
- Abdel Medjedoub, 3-0, 30, Mila, Algeria
- Norman Paraisy, 15-4-2, 1 NC, 30, Paris
- Khalil Rountree, 4-0, 26, Las Vegas
- Andrew Sanchez, 7-2, 27, Shiloh, Ill.
- Eric Spicely, 8-0, 29, Stoughton, Mass.
- Joshua Stansbury, 7-2, 31, East Liverpool, Ohio
- Elias Urbina, 3-0, 22, Weslaco, Texas
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
Sorry - Comments are closed