Cris “Cyborg” Justino vs. Megan Anderson set for a title at UFC 214; Germaine de Randamie stripped of title
(Mon, June 19, 2017)– UFC 214: Cormier vs. Jones 2 takes place on JULY 29, 2017 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. The main card will air on PPV while the prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass. As of now the fight card hasn’t been finalized.
The UFC announced today Monday June, 19, 2017 that Germaine de Randamie (7-4 MMA, 4-1 UFC) has been stripped of her UFC women’s featherweight championship after refusing to defend her title against Cris “Cyborg” Justino (17-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC).
Justino will now fight Megan Anderson (9-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at UFC 214 for the newly vacant championship.
— UFC (@ufc) June 19, 2017
UFC said in a statement:
“UFC has informed Germaine de Randamie and her management team that she is being removed as the women’s featherweight champion due to her unwillingness to fight the No. 1 ranked contender, Cris ‘Cyborg’ Justino.”
The UFC also stated:
“UFC maintains that any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders in their respective weight classes in order to maintain the integrity of the sport.”
UFC 214 card now includes:
- For the light heavyweight title: Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
- For vacant women’s featherweight title: Megan Anderson vs. Cristiane Justino
- Andre Fili vs. TBA
- Renan Barao vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Alexandra Albu vs. Kailin Curran
- Josh Burkman vs. Drew Dober
- Dmitrii Smoliakov vs. Adam Wieczorkowski
- Jarred Brooks vs. Eric Shelton
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Volkan Oezdemir
- Sage Northcutt vs. Claudio Puelles
- Jason Knight vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Renato Moicano vs. Brian Ortega
- Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
Follow FightBookMMA’s CEO/Founder/President/Owner
- Previous Happy But Hungry, Jakob Clemons Eyes Big Win in Maryville
- Next BAMMA Takes over The SSE Arena in London
Sorry - Comments are closed
FightBook MMA Facebook
Help us keep the lights on.