Dana White’s Contender Series 2018 Week 1 Results
LAS VEGAS – Dana White’s Contender Series took place on Tuesday June 12, 2018 at The Utlimate Fighter Gym and streamed live on UFC Fight Pass.
Former NFL player Greg Hardy (1-0) won his professional debut knocking out Austen Lane in just 57 seconds into the first round. With this win he won himself a UFC contract. Also earning a UFC contract was Alonzo Menifield as he dropped Dashawn Boatwright with a right hand and finished the fight with his ground strikes to get the TKO victory in just eight seconds in the very first round.
Also on the card was Chris Curtis as he defeated Sean Lally via TKO (kick, punches) in Round 3 at the 1:37 mark. Montel Jackson also won by TKO defeating Rico DiSciullo in the third round. Starting out the night was Kevin Holland vs Will Santiago, this was a back and forth fight and during the third round Santiago dropped him with a huge left hook, but Holland stood right back up and continued as he recovered quickly. This was the only fight that made it in the hands of the judges and Holland was able to win the fight by unanimous decision.
Dana White’s Contender Series 9 results:
- Alonzo Menifield def. Dashawn Boatwright via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 0:08
- Chris Curtis def. Sean Lally TKO (kick, punches) in Round 3, 1:37
- Greg Hardy def. Austen Lane via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 0:57
- Montel Jackson def. Rico DiSciullo via TKO (strikes) in Round 3, 2:15
- Kevin Holland def. Will Santiago via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)