DUSTIN POIRIER TO FACE ANTHONY PETTIS IN UFC NORFOLK MAIN EVENT
NO. 8 LIGHTWEIGHT DUSTIN POIRIER TO FACE FORMER CHAMPION ANTHONY PETTIS IN UFC NORFOLK MAIN EVENT SATURDAY, NOV. 11
MATT BROWN vs. DIEGO SANCHEZ
(#11) ANDREI ARLOVSKI vs. (#12) JUNIOR ALBINI
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: POIRIER vs. PETTIS
ON SALE FRIDAY, SEPT. 22
Las Vegas – UFC® touches down in Norfolk, VA. for the first time, Saturday, Nov. 11, headlined by two of the lightweight division’s most fearless and entertaining athletes. No. 8 Dustin Poirier squares off in the main event against former champion No. 13 Anthony Pettis with both fighters hoping a win will land them in title contention. UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: POIRIER vs PETTIS airs live on FS1 at Ted Constant Convocation Center on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Poirier (21-5, 1 NC, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) looks for his sixth win in his eighth bout since moving up to the highly competitive lightweight division. Poirier has 16 finishes in 21 career victories and has faced a who’s who of MMA fighters including Conor McGregor, Eddie Alvarez and Max Holloway. Pettis (20-6; fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.) will push Poirier’s skills to the limit with his savvy striking techniques. Pettis, who has also recorded 10 wins by knockout and six by submission, hopes to earn his third victory in his last four fights.
Another don’t blink matchup features popular veterans Matt Brown (22-16, fighting out of Denver, Colo.) and Diego Sanchez (29-10, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) in a welterweight bout that is sure to please the crowd. The intense Brown has registered 13 career knockouts, seven submissions and has earned five post-fight performance bonuses. Sanchez is also an aggressive fighter who makes his return to the 170-pound division for the first time since a February 2012 matchup with Jake Ellenberger.
- A heavyweight bout between veteran former champion, No. 12 Andrei Arlovski (25-15, 1 NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) and up and coming, No. 13 Junior Albini (14-2, fighting out of Paranagua, Parana, Brazil)
- Crowd-pleasing veterans Clay Guida (33-14, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) and Joe Lauzon (27-14, fighting out of Bridgewater, Mass.) collide in a lightweight duel
- Veteran middleweight Nate Marquardt (38-18-2, fighting out of Denver, Colo.) clashes with heavy-handed Cezar Ferreira (12-6, fighting out of Miami, Fla.)
- Rising contenders Angela Hill (7-3, fighting out of San Diego, Calif.) and Nina Ansaroff (7-5, fighting out of Coconut Creek, Fla.) meet in a battle of strawweights hoping to crack the top-15 rankings
- Jake Collier (10-4, fighting out of Cuba, Mo.) and Marcel Fortuna (9-2, fighting out of Tubaro, Santa Catarina, Brazil) meet in a light heavyweight showdown
- Popular welterweight Court McGee (19-6, fighting out of Orem, Utah) takes on the always game Sean Strickland (18-2, fighting out of Corona, Calif.)
- Middleweight Darren Stewart (7-1, 1NC, fighting out of London, England) faces undefeated Karl Roberson (5-0, fighting out of Neptune, N.J.)
- The Ultimate Fighter® season 23 champion Tatiana Suarez (5-0, fighting out of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.) meets Viviane Pereira (13-0, fighting out of Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil) in a battle of undefeated strawweights
*All bouts live and subject to change.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: POIRIER vs PETTIS will air live Saturday, Nov. 11 on FS1 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT, with prelims kicking off on FS1 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS ® at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets for UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: POIRIER vs PETTIS go on sale Friday, Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. ET and are priced at $125, $85, $65 and $50 (prices do not include applicable service charges or fees). Tickets are available at YnotTix.com, by calling 877-YNOT-TIX, or by visiting the Constant Center Box Office. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 10 a.m. ET via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Sept. 21 starting at 10 a.m. ET. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
- Previous GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS PLACES SPOTLIGHT ON THREE-DIVISION WORLD CHAMPION JORGE LINARES
- Next Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz New York Press Conference Quotes
Sorry - Comments are closed