LOS ANGELES – The greatest heavyweight of all time Fedor Emelianenko (37-5, 1 NC) will battle Chael Sonnen (31-15-1) in the second semi-final of Bellator’s Heavyweight World Grand Prix on Saturday inside NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, N.Y. But prior to that, “The Last Emperor” will part ways with his most prized article of clothing, the “Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory,” when he and Bellator auction off the iconic garment for charity.
A portion of the auction’s proceeds will be donated to Make-A-Wish America, as well as Russian-based children’s charity chosen by Fedor, Shag Vmeste. Shag Vmeste aids in the treatment and rehabilitation of children diagnosed with Cerebral palsy.
The auction is now live and can be found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/362453921186.
More than just any old article of clothing, the “Glorious Sweater of Absolute Victory” has played an integral role in Fedor’s storied career. For a complete history, look no further than this Bellator documentary that explains the origins and mystique. Now, you can own this memorable piece of history!
Fighting out of Stary Oskol, Belgorod Oblast, Russia, Fedor will enter the Bellator MMA cage for the second time this year, and third time overall, when he takes on Sonnen in the Bellator Heavyweight World Grand Prix semifinals on Saturday, Oct. 13. The sambo fighter looks to build off of his impressive knockout victory over Frank Mir (18-12) at Bellator 198, which came just 48 seconds into the bout. A former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and PRIDE 2004 Heavyweight World Grand Prix Champion, “The Last Emperor” now has his eyes set on the Bellator MMA heavyweight belt; a title that he is merely two wins away from. With 28 of his 37 career victories ending in a finish, Emelianenko will undoubtedly pursue yet another highlight-reel knockout when he squares off with “The American Gangster” for a place in the World Grand Prix final.
Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen will be broadcast LIVE on Paramount Network at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT on Saturday, October 13 and will stream LIVE on DAZN, while preliminary action will stream on Bellator.com and globally on the Bellator Mobile App.
Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen Main Card:
- Heavyweight World Grand Prix Main Event: Fedor Emelianenko (37-5, 1 NC) vs. Chael Sonnen (30-15-1)
- Lightweight Co-Main Event: Benson Henderson (25-8) vs. Saad Awad (23-9)
- Heavyweight Main Card Bout: Cheick Kongo (28-10-2) vs. Timothy Johnson (12-4)
- Middleweight Main Card Bout: Alexander Shlemenko (56-11, 1 NC) vs. Anatoly Tokov (26-2)
- Featherweight Main Card Bout: Henry Corrales (15-3) vs. Andy Main (12-3-1, 1 NC)
- 175-Pound Catchweight Preliminary Bout: Robson Gracie (Pro Debut) vs. Jamal Pottinger (Pro Debut)
- Women’s Strawweight Preliminary Bout: Jennifer Chieng (Pro Debut) vs. Jessica Ruiz (Pro Debut)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Shaquan Moore (Pro Debut) vs. David Meshkhoradze (Pro Debut)
- Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Sukhrob Aydarbekov (5-3) vs. Tommy Espinosa (5-1)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Jerome Mickle (3-6) vs. Nick Fiore (2-3)
- Featherweight Preliminary Bout: Frank Buenafuente (9-4) vs. James Gonzalez (4-3)
- Middleweight Preliminary Bout: Eric Olsen (0-1) vs. Jeremy Puglia (0-1)
- Lightweight Preliminary Bout: Ryan Castro (0-1) vs. Dennis Buzukja (Pro Debut)
- Welterweight Preliminary Bout: Mike Diorio (1-2) vs. Drews Rodriguez (Pro Debut)
- Flyweight Preliminary Bout: Christian Medina (0-1) vs. Zarrukh Adashev (0-1)
*Card subject to change.