Fight Night 40 Medical Suspensions
Fight Night 40 Medical suspensions
The Ohio Athletic Commission released the list of medical suspensions from Fight Night 40 from the event last Saturday night (May 10, 2014) inside the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Matt Brown and Erick Silva fought in a brutal battle in the night’s main event, Matt Brown picked up a remarkable win over Silva via third-round TKO. Matt Brown will now need a required doctor’s clearance on his right elbow before being allowed to fight again; Erick Silva will also require the same for his jaw.
The Ohio Athletic Commission also handed down minor suspensions to six fighters on the card, including bantamweight veteran Johnny Eduardo. Eduardo received a 30 day suspension for unsportsman like conduct for throwing his mouth piece in the crowd. After his upset win knocking out Eddie Wineland in the first round.
- Here is the complete list of all suspensions handed out by the Ohio Athletic Commission:
- Manny Gamburyan: Suspended indefinitely; requires ophthalmologist clearance on right eye
- Erick Silva: Suspended for 60 days; additional indefinite suspension pending physician’s clearance on jaw
- Eddie Wineland: Suspended 60 days for TKO loss, stitches in lip area; additional indefinite suspension pending physician’s clearance on potential broken jaw
- Matt Brown: Suspended for 45 days; additional indefinite suspension pending physician’s clearance on right elbow
- Ed Herman: Suspended 30 days; additional indefinite suspension pending physician’s clearance on right hand
- Lorenz Larkin: Suspended for 60 days
- Ruan Potts: Suspended for 60 days
- Ben Wall: Suspended for 60 days
- Anthony Lapsley: Suspended for 60 days
- Erik Koch: Suspended for 30 days
- Johnny Eduardo: Suspended 30 days for unsportsmanlike conduct – throwing mouthpiece into the stands.
By: Michelle Luce
- Previous A Late edition added to Bellator 120 card, Marcin Held Returns vs. Nate Jolly
- Next Soa Palelei vs. Jared Rosholt added to UFC Fight Night 43
Sorry - Comments are closed