Saturday June 2, 2016— For the second week in a row, Legacy brought the violence on AXS TV, this time in Bossier City, Louisiana. The vacant featherweight title was on the line in the night’s main event and both Kevin Aguilar and Tony Kelley put it ALL on the line! Both fighters delivered a five round war, that is easily one of the best fights of the year on AXS TV. In the end it was “The Angel of Death” Kevin Aguilar who took the split decision.
Four of the other five fights on the Legacy 57 card ended in the very first round. Derrick Krantz(submission), Charles Byrd (TKO), Joe Valadez(Submission), and Dan Ige (KO) all earned first round victories, adding to Legacy’s impressive finish percentage.
Here are the highlights:
Official weigh-in results for Legacy 57 are as follows. Fighters’ weight (in pounds) and professional record is listed in parenthesis.
Main Card Results:
- Featherweight Title Fight – Kevin Aguilar (11-1) defeated Tony Kelly (5-1) in a five round war via split decision (47-48, 49-46, 48-47).
- Welterweight Fight – Derrick Krantz (18-9) submitted Dave Burrow (14-8) with a rear naked choke at 4:22 in round one.
- Middleweight Fight – Charles Byrd (8-4) scored a TKO victory (punches) over Quentin Henry (10-4) at 2:50 in round one.
- Lightweight Fight – Joe Valdez (4-1) choked out David Bosnick (6-4) in a first round submission victory at 4:22.
- Featherweight Fight – Dan Ige (4-1) knocked out Craig Campbell (2-2) with punches at 3:31 in round one.
- Atomweight Fight – Bi Nguyen (1-0) beat Andy Nguyen (2-3) by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) in her professional debut.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!