GLORY 34 DENVER & GLORY 34 SUPERFIGHT SERIES RESULTS & POST-FIGHT PHOTOGRAPHS
Monday, October 24, 2016— GLORY kickboxing was aired on Fri., Oct. 21, 2016 for GLORY 34. This was the promotion’s third consecutive fight card in the United States. The event took place at 1STBANK Center and aired live on ESPN3 while the The GLORY 34 “Superfight Series” aired on UFC Fight Pass.
The main card featured a welterweight title match between champion Nieky Holzken who took on Murthel Groenhart. This was the third time the two have faced one another, Holzken defeated Groenhart via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47).
The co-main event featured a middleweight fight between Dustin Jacoby and former 185-pound champion Simon Marcus. This was a rematch from GLORY 30, where Marcus won the bout via unanimous decision. At this event Marcus defeats Jacoby via TKO braking his arm in Round 2 at the 0:01 mark.
Check out our FightBookMMA Merchandise Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here. Check out our Amazon Store Check out the FightBookMMA Box Office where you can buy all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV
In addition to those two matchups, as usual Glory had a four-man contender tournament this time in the middleweight division. Below you will find the official results and photographs of the event.
GLORY 34 Results
- Nieky Holzken def Murthel Groenhart via unanimous decision (48-47, 48-47, 48-47)
- Tournament Final: Israel Adesanya def. Yousri Belgaroui via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Simon Marcus def Dustin Jacoby via TKO (broken arm) RD2 0:01
- Israel Adesanya def Robert Thomas via unanimous decision (30-25, 29-26, 30-25)
- Yousri Belgaroui def Ariel Machado via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
GLORY 34 Superfight Series Results
- Robin van Roosmalen def Gabriel Varga via TKO RD4 3:00 (didn’t answer the bell for 5th round)
- Saulo Cavalari def Brian Douwes via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Thongchai Sitsongpeenong def Casey Greene via knockout RD2 2:58
- Richard Abraham def Mike Mathetha via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Justin Houghton def Jonathon Wyderko via split decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
GLORY 34 DENVER & GLORY 34 SUPERFIGHT SERIES
Photo Gallery: Link to view
Photo Credit: James Law, GLORY Sports International
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
- Previous GLORY KICKS OFF 2017 ON THE WEST COAST – JAN. 20 FROM L.A. LIVE
- Next IMMAF SUBMITS APPLICATION TO SPORTACCORD FOR RECOGNITION OF MMA
Sorry - Comments are closed