UFC 223 will take place on Saturday at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main card will air on pay-per-view while the prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
UFC officials announced today that UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson has been forced to withdraw from Saturday’s event due to a knee injury. Featherweight champion Max Holloway will step in and take on Khabib Nurmagomedov. This fight will be for the UFC’s undisputed lightweight title.
BOOM!!!!!! We got Khabib vs The Champ Max Holloway for the 155lb title this Saturday in Brooklyn New York!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/quvI3UqGXh
— Dana White (@danawhite) April 1, 2018
Nurmagomedov released a statement directed at “El Cucuy” via his Instagram:
Tony heal up man. Just want to advise you, don’t talk too much anymore. Lot of thoughts in my head right now, but I don’t want to become like you. Hope, this lesson will teach you watch your mouth. ❗ На счёт этой ситуации я просто хочу сказать Тони: больше не болтай, в голове конечно много мыслей, на тебя похожим не буду, надеюсь этот урок научить тебя следить за языком. #ready #ufc223 #Alhamdulillah #победатолькоотВсевышнего
UFC 223 Fight Card:
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the lightweight title: Max Holloway vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- For women’s strawweight title: Champ Rose Namajunas vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Calvin Kattar vs. Renato Moicano
- Michael Chiesa vs. Anthony Pettis
- Paul Felder vs. Al Iaquinta
PRELIMINARY CARD #2
(FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Felice Herrig vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Ray Borg vs. Brandon Moreno
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Joe Lauzon
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Evan Dunham
PRELIMINARY CARD #1
(UFC Fight Pass, 6:15 p.m. ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Artem Lobov
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Bec Rawlings
- Devin Clark vs. Michael Rodriguez
- Kyle Bochniak vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Help us sponsor fighters by joining our Paid Subscription List and have a chance to win some AWESOME Perks by going here.
Help us keep the lights on.
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.