RICARDO LAMAS BATTLES RETURNING
UFC® HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE B.J. PENN
LIVE ON UFC FIGHT PASS®
OCTOBER EXCLUSIVE FEATURED BOUTS:
NATE MARQUARDT vs. TAMDAN MCCRORY
DANNY ROBERTS vs. MIKE PERRY
Las Vegas, Nevada – UFC FIGHT PASS® unveiled its loaded lineup for the month of October, which will feature the live event UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: LAMAS vs. PENN, headlined by a featherweight clash between No.4-ranked contender Ricardo Lamas (16-5, fighting out of Chicago, Illinois, USA) and former two-division UFC® champion B.J. Penn (16-10-2, fighting out of Hilo, Hawaii, USA). The heavyweight co-main event will see No.10-ranked Derrick Lewis (16-4 1NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas, USA) take on Marcin Tybura (14-2, fighting out of Warszawa, Poland).
The UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: LAMAS vs. PENN main card is available live on UFC FIGHT PASS starting at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT on Saturday, October 15, with prelims beginning at 6:45 a.m. ET/3:45 a.m. PT.
“UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: LAMAS vs. PENN marks the first time a UFC Hall of Famer will compete live on UFC FIGHT PASS,” UFC Senior Vice-President and UFC FIGHT PASS General Manager Eric Winter said. “Penn is responsible for some of the most historic fights in UFC history and fans won’t want to miss his return against one of the top featherweights in Lamas.
“October also has two excellent featured bouts, a dozen live events from around the globe and a substantial amount of original content,” Winter continued. “This is going to be a stacked month for UFC FIGHT PASS customers.”
This Saturday, the Octagon® lands in Portland, Oregon with UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: LINEKER vs. DODSON. In the exclusive UFC FIGHT PASS featured bout, former UFC middleweight championship challenger Nate Marquardt (37-16-2, fighting out of Denver, Colorado, USA) will square off with talented striker Tamdan McCrory (14-4, fighting out of Binghamton, New York, USA). Ahead of the UFC middleweight championship bout at UFC® 204: BISPING vs. HENDERSON 2 on Saturday, October 8, dynamic finisher Danny Roberts (13-1, fighting out of Boca Raton, Florida, USA by way of London, England) will battle unbeaten Mike Perry (8-0, fighting out of Orlando, Florida, USA).
UFC FIGHT PASS will stream an additional 12 live events from promotions around the world:
– EFN 52 on October 1
- Fabio Maldonado returns to EFN against Russian light heavyweight Mikhail Mokhnatkin
– Pancrase 281 on October 1
- Akihiro Murayama looks to push his win streak to five bouts when he faces Hiromitsu Miura
– Tech-KREP FC: Caucasus United Championship on October 2
- Russian promotion Tech-KREP FC is back with a stellar event on UFC FIGHT PASS
– EFN 53: Day One on October 7
- Unbeaten Russian Vladimir Mineev takes on Switzerland’s Yasubey Enomoto
– BRACE 44 on October 8
- Undefeated Australian Michael Tobin takes on Irishman Richie Ivory
– EFN 53: Day Two on October 8
- EFN stages its third day of fights in October on UFC FIGHT PASS
– Combate Americas: Empire Rising on October 14
- John Castaneda and Gustavo Lopez battle for the inaugural Combate Americas bantamweight championship
– Cage Warriors 79 on October 15
- CWFC middleweight champion Jack Marshman battles challenger Andreas Michailidis
– AFC 126 on October 19
- Alaska Fighting Championship delivers its sophomore UFC FIGHT PASS event
– Glory 34 SuperFight Series on October 21
- In a rematch from Glory 30, Casey Greene will look to even the score with Richard Abraham
– Shooto Brazil 67 on October 23
- A thrilling night of fights from Brazil’s premier MMA organization
– Titan FC 42 on October 29
- Following three championship fights last month, Florida-based Titan FC returns to UFC FIGHT PASS
UFC FIGHT PASS will also feature a number of in-depth original series this month:
– Fightography: The Tournaments – Don Frye 2 on October 4
- Don Frye was the prototype for modern mixed martial artists, but winning three fights on a single night requires more than a well-rounded skillset
– Fightography: The Tournaments – Shogun Rua on October 11
- Shogun Rua describes how, aged just 23, he shocked the world by winning the 2005 PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix
– TWENTY/20 Classics on October 18
- TWENTY/20 breaks down five of the most important fights in UFC history: B.J. Penn vs. Matt Hughes 1, Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin 1, Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg 2, Forrest Griffin vs. Stephan Bonnar 1 and Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz 2
– In the lead up to Halloween, Forrest Griffin will count down some of the weirdest fights in MMA history (starts October 22)
UFC FIGHT PASS is available on: personal computers, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Sony TVs with Android TV and Roku devices.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.