Invicta FC Bantamweight Champion Tonya Evinger Meets Yana Kunitskaya
Angela Hill Makes First Strawweight Title Defense Against Kaline Medeiros
Live from Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo. on Friday, Nov. 18
Tickets on sale this Saturday, Oct. 15 at 10 a.m. CT via Ticketfly.com
Kansas City, Mo. – Invicta Fighting Championships today announced its final event of the calendar year, taking place once again inside historic Scottish Rite Temple in Kansas City, Mo., on Friday, Nov 18.
Streaming live and exclusively on UFC Fight Pass, Invicta FC 20 will feature two title tilts, equaling the championship-level output of September’s Invicta FC 19 card.
Invicta FC bantamweight champion Tonya “Triple Threat” Evinger (18-5) looks to continue her divisional domination, accepting the challenge of Yana “Foxy” Kunitskaya (9-2), who makes her promotional debut.
Evinger enters the bout on a nine-fight winning streak, most recently defending her title for the first time – a unanimous decision victory – against Colleen Schneider at Invicta FC 17 in May.
Kunitskaya, signed by the organization late last year, will attempt to hand Evinger her first loss in over five years. The 26-year-old Russian brings punishing power to the match-up, as seven of her nine career victories have come by way of strikes.
In the co-main event, newly crowned Invicta FC strawweight champion Angela “Overkill” Hill (5-2) makes her first title defense against ascending Brazilian challenger Kaline “The Dark Angel” Medeiros (8-4).
Since joining the organization in early 2016, Hill has gone undefeated inside the Invicta FC cage, picking up three wins in that time. She captured gold by defeating then-champion Livia Renata Souza at Invicta FC 17 in May.
Medeiros, herself undefeated under the Invicta FC banner, has won five straight fights and last competed at Invicta FC 19 less than one month ago, earning a unanimous decision victory over Manjit Kolekar.
Also scheduled for Invicta FC 20:
- Former atomweight champion Herica Tiburcio (9-4) of Brazil takes on Czech-born Simona “Lil Evil” Soukupova (5-4-1), coming off her Fight of the Night performance at Invicta FC 18
- Recent atomweight title challenger Amber “The Bully” Brown (6-2) moves up to strawweight, looking to bounce back against Ashley Yoder (4-1), a veteran of season 23 of The Ultimate Fightertelevision series
- Australia’s Jessica-Rose “Jessy Jess” Clark (6-2) welcomes newcomer Pam “Bam” Sorenson (4-1) to the promotion for a bantamweight scrap
- Veteran Lynn “Weapon X” Alvarez (6-4) battles 24-year-old prospect J.J. Aldrich (3-1) at strawweight
- Swiss judoka Stephanie Egger (2-0) debuts at bantamweight against an opponent to be named shortly
- Strawweights Miranda “The Maverick” Maverickand Samantha Diaz square off in their professional debuts
The eight-fight card for Invicta FC 20 can be found below:Bantamweight Title: Tonya Evinger (18-5) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (9-2)
- Strawweight Title: Angela Hill (5-2) vs. Kaline Medeiros (8-4)
- Atomweight: Herica Tiburcio (9-4) vs. Simona Soukupova (5-4-1)
- Strawweight: Amber Brown (6-2) vs. Ashley Yoder (4-1)
- Bantamweight: Jessica-Rose Clark (6-2) vs. Pam Sorenson (4-1)
- Strawweight: Lynn Alvarez (6-4) vs. J.J. Aldrich (3-1)
- Bantamweight: Stephanie Egger (2-0) vs. TBA
- Strawweight: Miranda Maverick (0-0) vs. Samantha Diaz (0-0)
Tickets for Invicta FC 20 go on sale this Saturday, Oct. 15 at 10 a.m. CT and will be available for $75, $50, and $35 at Ticketfly.com.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.