Two Main Card Fights Complete ‘Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo’ on May 14
SANTA MONICA, CALIF. (May 5, 2016) – A welterweight matchup pitting “Cyborg” Santos (21-16) against Bellator MMA veteran Saad Awad (18-7) and a lightweight meeting featuring Adam Piccolotti (7-0) versus Ray Wood (6-1) have been added to the main card of “Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo,” which airs LIVE and FREE on SPIKE and takes place on May 14 at the SAP Center in San Jose, Calif.
These matchups join an electric main event between light heavyweight phenoms “King Mo” (19-4, 1 NC) and Phil “Mr. Wonderful” Davis (15-3, 1 NC). In addition, a heavyweight bout between Sergei Kharitonov (23-5) and Josh Appelt (12-5) will serve as the evening’s co-main event and undefeated Andre Fialho (6-0) will face Rick Reger (7-1) in a welterweight feature fight.
The contests make up the televised portion of “Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo,” which airs LIVE and FREE on SPIKE at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT while the preliminary card will stream live on Bellator.com and The Bellator Mobile App beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET. Tickets start at just $30 and are on sale now at Bellator.com, Ticketmaster, and the SAP Center Box Office.
After beginning his career with five consecutive victories, the 32-year-old Saad Awad has continued to put together an impressive resume, including significant wins over the likes of Joe Duarte, Sergio Rios, and most recently Rob Sinclair. A 10-time veteran of Bellator MMA, “Assassin” has three first-round knockout wins, two of which came in the first 45 seconds of the bout. In 2013, the California native handed Will Brooks the only loss of his career thus far, stopping hiim with a punch only 43-seconds into the fight.
“Cyborg” Santos has begun his 2016 campaign with a bang, recording victories in each of his first two bouts, including a crowd-silencing win over hometown favorite Brennan Ward in his Bellator MMA debut at “Bellator 153: Koreshkov vs. Henderson.” Of his 21 career wins, the 38-year-old welterweight has recorded 12 knockouts, 10 of which came in the opening frame of the bout. The heavy-handed Brazilian originally made four appearances under the Strikeforce banner from 2009 to 2011, before signing a multi-fight contract with Bellator MMA in March of 2016. “Cyborg” will look to add to his current winning streak when he challenges Saad Awad, who will be moving up in weight class to 170-pounds.
The 27-year-old Piccolotti has been flawless early in his young career, earning victories in all seven of his professional bouts, including three wins since joining the Bellator MMA team. A native of Northern California, he made his promotional debut against Andrew Ramm at “Bellator 133: Manhoef vs. Shlemenko,” with a unanimous decision win and then added to his admirable resume by finishing his 2015 campaign with a victory over Mario Soto at “Bellator 147: Thomson vs. Villaseca.” Making his 2016 debut, the submission specialist will have little time to prepare for his new opponent Ray Wood as the two look to square off on May 14 at the SAP Center.
Ray “All Business” Wood made a splash in his Bellator MMA debut, when he finished Chris Jones with a spinning-back fist that resulted in a first round knockout at “Bellator 151: Warren vs. Caldwell.” The 26-year-old Maine native has begun his professional career with a flashy 6-1 record, including four knockout victories and two first-round finishes. After beginning his career under the direction of regional promotions, Wood now has his eyes set on establishing himself among the top of Bellator’s always-competitive featherweight division. Watch the fight below.
Complete “Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo” Fight Card:
- Bellator MMA Light Heavyweight Main Event: Phil Davis (15-3, 1 NC) vs. Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal (19-4, 1 NC)
- Bellator MMA Heavyweight Co-Main Event: Sergei Kharitonov (23-5) vs. Josh Appelt (12-5)
- Bellator MMA Lightweight Feature Bout: Adam Piccolotti (7-0) vs. Ray Wood (6-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Feature Bout: Saad Awad (18-7) vs. Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos (21-16)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Feature Bout: Andre Fialho (6-0) vs. Rick Reger (7-1)
- Bellator MMA (160 lb.) “VOW” Prelim Bout: Joshua Hardwick (Debut) vs. Jorge Acosta (1-1)
- Bellator MMA Featherweight Prelim Bout: Victor Jones (0-1) vs. Anthony Taylor (0-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Prelim Bout: Danasabe Mohammed (3-0) vs. Martin Sano (4-1)
- Bellator MMA Flyweight Prelim Bout: Josh Paiva (7-1) vs. Steven Gruber (5-1)
- Bellator MMA Welterweight Prelim Bout: Sam Spengler (8-5) vs. Doyle Childs (2-1)
- Bellator MMA Bantamweight Prelim Bout: Josh San Diego (6-1) vs. Jeremiah Labiano (9-4)
- Bellator MMA (130 lb.) Catchweight Prelim Bout: Alvin Cacdac (16-12) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (10-5)
- Bellator MMA Featherweight Prelim Bout: Thomas Diagne (5-5-1) vs. Mark Dickman (10-2)
- Bellator MMA Strawweight Prelim Bout: Stephanie Frausto (5-5) vs. Jamielene Nievara (3-1)
- Bellator MMA Middleweight Prelim Bout: Andres Alcantar (3-0) vs. Nick Pica (5-0)
- Bellator MMA Heavyweight Prelim Bout: James Chapman (Debut) vs. Sean Tucker (Debut)
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous CANELO VS. KHAN FIGHTER UNDERCARD MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES
- Next Canelo vs. Khan Final Press Conference:
Sorry - Comments are closed