Two Titles Decided on ‘AXS TV FIGHTS: LEGACY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 49’
Saturday December 5, 2015– And that’s a wrap for Legacy, and what a year they had! Legacy closed out their 2015 in style Friday, adding to their collection of finishes and crowning two champs.
The main event of Legacy 49 featured champion Derrick Krantz defending his welterweight belt against red-hot Alex Morono. Krantz came out strong pushing the pace right of the opening bell, but Morono weathered the storm and made Krantz pay. Late in round one, Krantz picked up Morono and slammed him but on the way down Morono slipped on a guillotine choke and was able to get his fifth win in a row and capture the title.
The co-main event featured an absolute insane fight as Andrea Lee and Ariel Beck squared off for the inaugural Legacy women’s flyweight title. Lee came in a massive favorite and dominated the fight, but newcomer Beck showed incredible grit, surviving countless, very painful looking submission attempts. The insanity ended in round three as Lee finally got Beck to tap.
Also on the card, Matt Schnell earned another win, this time in unfortunate circumstances as his opponent Jonathan Martinez was disqualified for an illegal knee to the head. Legacy-vet Kevin Aguilar also kept on his winning ways with a second round win over David Bosnick.
AXS TV FIGHTS: LEGACY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 49. AXS TV FIGHTS commentators Pat Miletich and “The Voice” Michael Schiavello break down the night’s highlights here:
Official Results for Legacy 49 are as follows:
- Main Event – Welterweight Title Fight – Alex Morono (12-3) defeated Derrick Krantz (17-9) via submission (guillotine choke) at 4:29 in round one.
- Co-Main Event – Inaugural Women’s Flyweight Title Fight – Andrea Lee (4-1) defeated Ariel Beck (3-2) via submission (armbar) at 4:22 in round three.
- Atomweight Fight – Stephanie Alba (3-0) defeated Andy Nguyen (2-2) via unanimous decision.
- Flyweight Fight – Matt Schnell (9-2) defeated Jonathan Martinez (7-1) via DQ (Illegal Knee) at 2:21 in round two.
- Featherweight Fight – Kevin Aguilar (10-1) defeated David Bosnick (6-3) via submission (punches) at 2:04 in round two.
- Featherweight Fight – Cody Walker (6-3) defeated Kalvin Hackney (15-5) via TKO (punches) at 0:27 in round two.
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous CRIS ‘CYBORG’ JUSTINO TO FIGHT AT 145 POUNDS IN JANUARY SAYS INVICTA FC PRESIDENT SHANNON KNAPP ON AXS TV’S ‘INSIDE MMA’ PLUS MORE!!
- Next GLORY 26 and GLORY SuperFight Series Amsterdam Results & Photographs
Sorry - Comments are closed