UFC 197: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
Wednesday March 23, 2016— UFC 197 will takes place at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday April 23, 2016. The main event will be live on PPV 10 p.m. ET while the televised prelims on FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET and the early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET.
In the main event will be a battle between light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and ex-champ Jon Jones (21-1 MMA, 15-1 UFC), as we all know these two are longtime rivals and we know its going to be a good fight as Jon is wanting his belt back.
Jones defeated Cormier via unanimous decision at UFC 182 in January 2015. Jones was stripped of his title and suspended following an April hit-and-run arrest, with that being said, Cormier claimed the vacant belt with a submission win over Anthony Johnson. A couple months later Cormier defended his title and won with a split-decision over Alexander Gustafsson in October.
Check out the video promo below and the full fight card for UFC 197: Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones.
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the light heavyweight title:
Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones
- For the flyweight title:
Demetrious Johnson vs. Henry Cejudo
- Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Pettis
- Rafael Natal vs. Robert Whittaker
- Andre Fili vs. Yair Rodriguez
PRELIMINARY CARD #2
(FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Chris Kelades vs. Sergio Pettis
- Danny Roberts vs. Dominique Steele
- Juliana Lima vs. opponent TBA
- Glaico Franca vs. James Vick
PRELIMINARY CARD #1
(UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Clint Hester vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Efrain Escudero vs. Kevin Lee
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous Legacy Fighting Championship 52: Matt Schnell vs. Klayton Mai
- Next HOUSE OF FAME MMA 5: “RESURRECTION DAY”
Sorry - Comments are closed
FightBook MMA Facebook
Help us keep the lights on.