UFC 198 Results, Reebok Sponsorship Payouts, Bonuses & Attendance
Sunday May 15, 2016— UFC 198 took place Saturday at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil. The main card was aired on pay-per-view while the prelims on FOX Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Miocic (15-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) is the new heavyweight champion when he knocked out Fabricio Werdum (20-6-1 MMA, 8-3 UFC) in the first round. Werdum was trying to chase Miocic down, but Miocic took a page of Anderson Silvas book and landed a right hand on the chin and knocked him out cold.
In the co-main event, “Jacare” Souza (23-4 MMA, 6-1 UFC) had no problem fighting fellow Brazilian Vitor Belfort (25-12 MMA, 14-8 UFC). Souza cut him open in the first round, he took Vitor to the ground and tried for a submission, as he’s known for, he pounded him out.
UFC 198 set a new record-setting, the event set a new UFC-Brazil attendance record with 45,207 attendees.
UFC 198 OFFICIAL RESULTS:
- Stipe Miocic def. Fabrício Werdum via KO (punch) at 2:47 of Rd 1.
- Ronaldo Souza def. Vitor Belfort TKO (punches) at 4:38 of Rd 1.
- Cris Cyborg def. Leslie Smith via TKO at 1:21 of Rd 1.
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua def. Corey Anderson via split decision (29-28×2, 28-29)
- Bryan Barberena def. Warlley Alves via unanimous decision (29-28×3)
Preliminary Card #2
- Demian Maia def. Matt Brown via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:31 of Rd 3.
- Thiago Santos def. Nate Marquardt via KO (punches) at 3:39 of Rd 1.
- Francisco Trinaldo def. Yancy Medeiros via unanimous decision (29-26, 30-27, 30-26)
- John Lineker def. Rob Font via decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-26)
Preliminary Card #1
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Patrick Cummins via TKO (punches) at 4:42 of Rd 1.
- Sergio Moraes DRAW Luan Chagas (split) (29-28, 28-29, 28-28)
- Renato Moicano def. Zubaira Tukhugov via split decision (29-28×2, 28-29)
Under the new sponsorship deal with Reebok, here are the program’s payout tiers: 1-5 bouts receive $2,500, 6-10 bouts get $5,000, 11-15 bouts earn $10,000, 16-20 bouts pocket $15,000, 21 bouts and more get $20,000. Champions earn $40,000 while title challengers get $30,000.
UFC fighters will also receive payments amounting to 20-30 percent of any UFC merchandise sold that bears their likeness, according to officials.
Below you can find the bonuses and the Reebok Sponsorship pay. The total payout for the card was $$240,000 and the fighters awarded for the bonuses took an extra $50k.
UFC 198 UFC Athlete Outfitting payouts included:
- Stipe Miocic: $30,000
def. Fabricio Werdum: $40,000
- Ronaldo Souza: $10,000
def. Vitor Belfort: $20,000
- Cristiane Justino: $2,500
def. Leslie Smith: $2,500
- Mauricio Rua: $15,000
def. Corey Anderson: $5,000
- Bryan Barberena: $2,500
def. Warlley Alves: $2,500
- Demian Maia: $20,000
def. Matt Brown: $20,000
- Thiago “Marreta” Santos: $5,000
def. Nate Marquardt: $20,000
- Francisco Trinaldo: $10,000
def. Yancy Medeiros: $5,000
- John Lineker: $5,000
def. Rob Font: $2,500
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: $5,000
def. Patrick Cummins: $5,000
- Luan Chagas: $2,500
drew with Sergio Moraes: $5,000
- Renato Moicano: $2,500
def. Zubaira Tukhugov: $2,500
UFC 198 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Francisco Trinaldo vs. Yancy Medeiros
- Performance of the Night: Stipe Miocic
- Performance of the Night: Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous Eponymous Crown Jewel Of MMA; Legacy FC 55 Surfs Top Of Wave – Video Highlights & Photographs
- Next NEXTVR DELIVERS VIRTUAL REALITY HIGHLIGHTS FROM CANELO VS. KHAN CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT
Sorry - Comments are closed