UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey Results, Salaries, Reebok Sponsorship Payout, Bonuses and Video Highlights
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA (Saturday December 31, 2016)– UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey took place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Friday December 30, 2016. The main card aired on pay-per-view while the prelims on FS1 and UFC Fight Pass.
In the main event, Amanda Nunes came out with punches and Rousey couldn’t find the answer as she began to be on the defensive. Nunes connecting with her punches putting Rousey unsteady on her feet. Rousey was bouncing off the cage and eating those punches, referee Herb Dean had to jump in to stop the fight at the 0:48 mark of Round 1.
In the co-main event, Cruz entered the fight as the champion and took on Cody Garbrandt. Cody came in the fight ready and very patient. He kept his distance and tagging Cruz with hard punches throughout the fight. Garbrandt was successful with multiple knock-downs and scoring with punches and kicks and some takedowns. At the end, Garbrandt became the new bantamweight champion with the judges scoring the fight 48-46, 48-46 and 48-47.
Another fight that people were interested in is Dillashaw taking on one of the most dangerous men in the division in Lineker. During the fight, Dillashaw kept putting Lineker on his back and dropped punches and elbows, a back and forth fight but Dillashaw was the one dominating the entire fight. In the end, the judges saw the fight for Dillashaw by scores of 30-26 across the board. Dillashaw.
Dillashaw said after the event:
“I don’t have hard feelings,” “I’m sure it’s going to be played up big time for all the drama and stuff. No hard feelings. Maybe a little bit with the unnecessary trash-talk when I’m not even fighting him.” He continues to say: “But, all I can say is thank you because now I’m going to get a title shot. For sure, with the drama leading up to this is – thank you.”
Amanda Nunes, Alex Garcia, Cody Garbrandt and Dominick Cruz each earned $50,000 fight-night bonuses at Friday’s UFC 207 event. Nunes and Garcia earned “Performance of the Night” awards, and Garbrandt and Cruz took home “Fight of the Night” honors. Rousey earned a flat disclosed payday of $3 million. Nunes earned $200,000, $100,000 to show and another $100,000 as a win bonus.
Below are the official results, Salaries, Reebok Sponsorship Payout and Video Highlights.
UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey Results:
- Amanda Nunes def. Ronda Rousey via TKO in Round 1, 0:48
- Cody Garbrandt def. Dominick Cruz via unanimous decision
- T.J. Dillashaw def. John Lineker via unanimous decision
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Tarec Saffiedine via split decision
- Ray Borg def. Louis Smolka via unanimous decision
Preliminary Card #2
- Neil Magny def. Johny Hendricks via unanimous decision
- Antonio Carlos Junior def. Marvin Vettori via unanimous decision
- Alex Garcia def. Mike Pyle via KO in Round 1, 3:34
- Niko Price def. Brandon Thatch via sub (arm-triangle choke) in Round 1, 4:30
Preliminary Card #1
- Alex Oliveira vs. Tim Means ruled no-conte
UFC 207 UFC Athlete Outfitting payouts:
- Amanda Nunes: $40,000
def. Ronda Rousey: $30,000
- Cody Garbrandt: $30,000
def. Dominick Cruz: $40,000
- T.J. Dillashaw: $10,000
def. John Lineker: $10,000
- Dong Hyun Kim: $15,000
def. Tarec Saffiedine: $5,000
- Ray Borg: $5,000
def. Louis Smolka: $5,000
- Neil Magny: $15,000
def. Johny Hendricks: $15,000
- Antonio Carlos Junior: $5,000
def. Marvin Vettori: $2,500
- Alex Garcia: $5,000
def. Mike Pyle: $15,000
- Niko Price: $2,500
def. Brandon Thatch: $5,000
- Tim Means: $10,000
fought to a no contest with Alex Oliveira: $5,000
UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey Salaries:
- Champ Amanda Nunes: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. Ronda Rousey: $3 million
- Champ Cody Garbrandt: $200,000
def. Dominick Cruz: $350,000
- T.J. Dillashaw: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)
def. John Lineker: $43,000
- Dong Hyun Kim: $134,000 (includes $67,000 win bonus)
def. Tarec Saffiedine: $40,000
- Ray Borg: $45,600+ (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Louis Smolka: $22,400+
- Neil Magny: $114,000* (includes $47,000 win bonus)
def. Johny Hendricks: $80,000*
- Antonio Carlos Junior: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
def. Marvin Vettori: $12,000
- Alex Garcia: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Mike Pyle: $55,000
- Niko Price: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
def. Brandon Thatch: $22,000
- Tim Means: $35,000 (no win bonus since fight ended in a no-contest)
vs. Alex Oliveira: $28,000 (no win bonus since fight ended in a no-contest)
- * – 20 percent ($20,000) of Hendricks’ purse was awarded to Magny as a fine for missing weight
+ – 30 percent ($9,600) of Smolka’s purse was awarded to Borg as a fine for missing weight
By: Roberto Villa
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
- Previous Lundy’s quest for respect and redemption in the 135-pound division begins tonight in Cincinnati
- Next WSOF 34 New York Recap, Official Results and Photographs
Sorry - Comments are closed
FightBook MMA Facebook
Help us keep the lights on.