Want the latest News?
UFC Fight Night 116 Official Results, Bonuses And Reebok Sponsorship Payout
PITTSBURGH (Sun, September 17, 2017)– UFC Fight Night 116 took place at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh and the entire card aired on FS1. The event drew an announced attendance of 7,005 for a live gate of $396,190.75.
In the main event, Luke Rockhold started out slow in the first round. But in the second round, Luke came in looking to finish the fight. He took David Branch to the floor and his ground and pound was too much for Branch as he tapped out. Luke defeats Branch via submission due to strikes in Round 2 at the 4:05 mark.
In the second round, Mike Perry picked up another knockout when he took out short-notice opponent Alex Reyes. Perry came in quick and had one thing in his mind, to finish this fight quick. Perry just did that as he dropped Alex with a knee in the first round making it 11 for 11 knockout wins. Mike Perry defeats Alex Reyes via knockout (knee) in Round 1 at the 1:19 mark.
The UFC announced the winners of the bonuses after the event. Mike Perry, Uriah Hall, Gregor Gillespie and Jason Gonzalez each earned an extra $50k fight-night bonuses. Perry and Hall picked up “Performance of the Night” and Gillespie and Gonzalez took home “Fight of the Night.”
Fighters from the event took home their Reebok Sponsorship Payout totaling $92,500. Leading the way is Luke Rockhold and Uriah Hall who each received a payout total of $10,000.
Under the sponsorship deal with Reebok, here are the program’s payout tiers: 1-5 bouts receive $2,500, 6-10 bouts get $5,000, 11-15 bouts earn $10,000, 16-20 bouts pocket $15,000, 21 bouts and more get $20,000. Champions earn $40,000 while title challengers get $30,000. UFC fighters will also receive payments amounting to 20-30 percent of any UFC merchandise sold that bears their likeness, according to officials.
UFC Fight Night 116 Reebok Sponsorship Payout:
- Luke Rockhold: $10,000
def. David Branch: $5,000
- Mike Perry: $2,500
def. Alex Reyes: $2,500
- Anthony Smith: $5,000
def. Hector Lombard: $5,000
- Gregor Gillespie: $2,500
def. Jason Gonzalez: $2,500
- Kamaru Usman: $5,000
def. Sergio Moraes: $5,000
- Justin Ledet: $2,500
def. Zu Anyanwu: $2,500
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier: $5,000
def. Tony Martin: $5,000
- Daniel Spitz: $2,500
def. Anthony Hamilton: $5,000
- Uriah Hall: $10,000
def. Krzysztof Jotko: $5,000
- Gilbert Burns: $5,000
def. Jason Saggo: $5,000
UFC Fight Night 116 results:
- Luke Rockhold def. David Branch via submission (strikes) in Round 2, 4:05
- Mike Perry def. Alex Reyes via knockout (knee) in Round 1, 1:19
- Anthony Smith def. Hector Lombard via TKO (punches) in Round 3, 2:33
- Gregor Gillespie def. Jason Gonzalez via submission (arm-triangle choke) in Round 2, 2:11
- Kamaru Usman def. Sergio Moraes via knockout (punch) in Round 1, 2:48
- Justin Ledet def. Zu Anyanwu via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier def. Tony Martin via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Daniel Spitz def. Anthony Hamilton via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 0:24
- Uriah Hall def. Krzysztof Jotko via knockout (punches) in Round 2, 2:25
- Gilbert Burns def. Jason Saggo via knockout (punch) in Round 2, 4:55
- Previous CANELO ALVAREZ AND GENNADY “GGG” GOLOVKIN BATTLE TO A DRAW
- Next FightBookMMA’s Recap and Official Results of Cage Warriors 86
Sorry - Comments are closed