UFC FIGHT NIGHT 51: BIGFOOT VS. ARLOVSKI 2
Antonio “Big foot” Silva vs Andre Arlovski heavy weight main card matchup is set to take place at Fight Night 51 takes place Sept. 13 at Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil, airing exclusively on Fight Pass. Big Foot and Arvolski first faced each other in 2010 in 3 round bout in Strikeforce back in 2010, where Antonio “Big foot” Silva earned himself a decision win.
We last saw Antonio “Big foot” Silva (18-5) in the cage back in December of 2013 in arguably one of the fights of the year in brutal back and forth battle 5 round battle against Mark Hunt. The fight ended up in draw and the 2 men earned the fight of the night bonus, however the epic battle was quickly over shadowed when Silva failed his post fight drug test for testerone replacement therapy. The result of the failed test he lost his 50 thousand dollar bonus and was suspended for 9 months.
The veteran Andrei “Pitbull” Arvolski (22-10) made his return to the UFC in June for the first time since 2008 where he had what was a lackluster performance against Brendon Schaub, where he managed to pull a win by a split decision.
UFC Fight Night 51 will also feature lightweights Piotr Hallmann vs. Gleison Tibau and Lukasz Sajewski vs. Leonardo Santos, welterweights Sergio Moraes vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, bantamweights Iuri Alcantara vs. Russell Doane and a women’s bantamweight bout with Jessica Andrade vs. Valerie Letourneau.
MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 8 p.m. ET)
• Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
• Piotr Hallmann vs. Gleison Tibau
• Lukasz Sajewski vs. Leonardo Santos
• Sergio Moraes vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
• Iuri Alcantara vs. Russell Doane
• Jessica Andrade vs. Valerie Letourneau
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 5:45 p.m. ET)
• Dashon Johnson vs. Godofredo Pepey
• Igor Araujo vs. George Sullivan
• Efrain Escudero vs. Francisco Trinaldo
• Sean Spencer vs. Paulo Thiago
• Johnny Bedford vs. Rani Yahya
- Previous Lion Fight 17 Highlights and Results
- Next JOHN MORAGA VS. JUSTIN SCOGGINS ADDED TO UFC FIGHT NIGHT: 50
Sorry - Comments are closed