UFC on FOX 29 Official Results, Bonuses and Reebok Sponsorship Payout
Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here.
FightBookMMA Amazon Store.
FightBookMMA Box Office for all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts.
Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV.
Glendale, Ariz. (Sun, April 15, 2018)– UFC on FOX 29 took place at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Ariz., near Phoenix. It aired on FOX following early prelims on UFC Fight Pass. The event drew an announced attendance of 11,382 and a live gate of $1,085,712.25.
In the main event, Dustin Poirier (23-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) took on Justin Gaethje (18-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) and it was an all out war. In all three rounds we saw a back and forth sluggfest coming into the fourth round, Poirier connected and hurt Gaethje. Dustin took advantage and was all over him to finally taking him out in only 33 seconds into the round. Dustin Poirier defeates Justin Gaethje via TKO punches in Round 4 at the 0:33 mark.
In the co-main event, Alex Oliveira (19-4-1 MMA, 8-3-1 UFC) submitted Carlos Condit (30-12 MMA, 7-8 UFC) with a guillotine choke in the second round. Oliveira was a late replacement to fight Condit but in the first round on all three judges scored Condit winning the round. Coming into the second round Oliveira did bloody Condit up as he took advantage to sink in the choke. Alex Oliveira defeates Carlos Condit via submission guillotine choke in Round 2 at the 3:17 mark.
UFC officials announced the winners of the bonuses after the event. Dustin Poirier, Justin Gaethje, Alex Oliveira and Adam Wieczorek each earned an extra $50k fight-night bonuses. Oliveira and Wieczorek earned “Performance of the Night” while Poirier and Gaethje each earned “Fight of the Night.”
Fighters from Saturday’s event took home their Reebok Sponsorship Payout totaling $178,500. Leading the way were Dustin Poirier (23-5 MMA, 15-4 UFC) and Tim Boetsch (21-12 MMA, 12-11 UFC) as they received the maximum non-title-fight payouts of $20,000.
Fighters with 1-3 bouts receive $3,500 per appearance; 4-10 bouts get $5,000; 11-15 bouts earn $10,000; 16-20 bouts pocket $15,000; and 21 bouts and more get $20,000. Additionally, champions earn $40,000 while title challengers get $30,000. Also, UFC fighters will receive in perpetuity royalty payments amounting to 20-30 percent of any UFC merchandise sold that bears their likeness, according to officials.
UFC on FOX 29 Reebok Sponsorship Payout:
- Dustin Poirier: $20,000
- Justin Gaethje: $3,500
- Alex Oliveira: $10,000
- Carlos Condit: $15,000
- Israel Adesanya: $3,500
- Marvin Vettori: $5,000
- Michelle Waterson: $5,000
- Cortney Casey: $5,000
- Antonio Carlos Junior: $5,000
- Tim Boetsch: $20,000
- Muslim Salikhov: $3,500
- Ricky Rainey: $3,500
- John Moraga: $10,000
- Wilson Reis: $10,000
- Brad Tavares: $15,000
- Krzysztof Jotko: $5,000
- Gilbert Burns: $5,000
- Dan Moret: $3,500
- Lauren Mueller: $3,500
- Shana Dobson: $3,500
- Yushin Okami: $15,000
- Dhiego Lima: $5,000
- Adam Wieczorek: $3,500
- Arjan Bhullar: $3,500
- Alejandro Perez: $5,000
- Matthew Lopez: $5,000
- Luke Sanders: $5,000
- Patrick Williams: $5,000
UFC on FOX 29 results include:
- Dustin Poirier def. Justin Gaethje via TKO (punches) in Round 4, 0:33
- Alex Oliveira def. Carlos Condit via submission (guillotine choke) in Round 2, 3:17
- Israel Adesanya def. Marvin Vettori via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Michelle Waterson def. Cortney Casey via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Antonio Carlos Junior def. Tim Boetsch via submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 2, 4:28
- Muslim Salikhov def. Ricky Rainey via knockout (punches) in Round 2, 4:12
- John Moraga def. Wilson Reis via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Brad Tavares def. Krzysztof Jotko via TKO (punches) in Round 3, 2:16
- Gilbert Burns def. Dan Moret via knockout (punches) in Round 2, 0:59
- Lauren Mueller def. Shana Dobson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Yushin Okami def. Dhiego Lima via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
- Adam Wieczorek def. Arjan Bhullar via submission (omo plata) in Round 2, 1:59
- Alejandro Perez def. Matthew Lopez via TKO (punches) in Round 2, 3:42
- Luke Sanders def. Patrick Williams via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Join our Monthly Membership so you can have a chance to win PRIZES by going here.
**All proceeds will help us sponsor fighters**
Help us keep the lights on
- Previous Klidson becomes the first Brazilian champion to defend the title
- Next Early injury costs Amir the bout in Brazil
Sorry - Comments are closed