UNDEFEATED CUBAN SENSATION RANCES BARTHELEMY BATTLES FORMER WORLD CHAMPION ANTONIO DEMARCO ON PREMIER BOXING CHAMPIONS ON CBS
SUNDAY, JUNE 21 LIVE ON CBS SPORTS AT 4 P.M. ET/1 P.M. PT
FROM THE MGM GRAND GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS
Plus Exciting Welterweight Showdown Between
Sammy Vasquez & Wale Omotoso
LAS VEGAS (June 1, 2015) – An action-packed showdown between former world champions Rances Barthelemy (22-0, 13 KOs) and Antonio DeMarco (31-4-1, 23 KOs) headlines the next installment Premier Boxing Champions on CBS taking place Sunday, June 21 live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with televised action beginning at 4 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT.
Also featured in televised bouts is an explosive welterweight matchup that pits the undefeated Sammy
Vasquez (18-0, 13 KOs) against Nigerian knockout artist Wale Omotoso (25-1, 21 KOs).
“I’m excited for this big opportunity and I can’t wait to show the world what I’m capable of,” said Barthelemy. “A big fight like this is what I want. I know it will be very difficult, but I’m going to train hard to put on a show for the fans.”
“This is a huge fight for me. I’m going to leave everything I have in that ring,” said DeMarco. “The chance to fight on network television is once in a lifetime and I’m going to make the most of it.”
Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by Mayweather Promotions and TGB Promotions are priced at $100, $75, $50, and $25 not including applicable service charges and taxes go on sale Thursday, May 28. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available at www.mgmgrand.com or www.ticketmaster.com.
A Cuban amateur national champion, the 28-year-old Barthelemy has yet to taste defeat since turning pro in 2009. Born in Cuba but now fighting out of Las Vegas, he won a super featherweight world title in July of last year by defeating Argenis Mendez in impressive fashion. Most recently he delivered a second round TKO over Angino Perez in March and looks to impress once again when he hits the ring in June.
A former world champion in the lightweight division, the 29-year-old DeMarco steps back into the ring to face the undefeated Barthelemy. Fighting out of Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico, he owns victories over John Molina Jr., Jorge Linares and Lanardo Tyner. He fights for the second time as a pro in the city of Las Vegas on June 21.
The 29-year-old Vasquez has fought professionally since 2012 and served two tours of duty in Iraq as a member of the National Guard. He made it to the semifinals of the 2012 U.S. Olympic trials and won gold at the 2010 and 2011 Armed Forces Boxing Championships. The fighter out of Monessen, Penn., has not lost as a professional and is coming off of a unanimous decision over Emmanuel Lartey in February of this year.
Born in Nigeria, but fighting out of Oxnard, Calif., Omotoso is looking to make it three wins in a row when he battles Vasquez. His most recent victories were both knockouts as he defeated Abraham Alvarez and Eduardo Flores. The 30-year-old made his U.S. debut in 2011 and has racked up a 7-1 record stateside.
- Previous We Are All One (WAAO)-MMA Facebook Group
- Next UNDEFEATED HEAVYWEIGHTS: BREAZEALE vs. CONSUERGA
Sorry - Comments are closed