Video Highlights & Results from ‘LEGACY 50’
Sunday January 23, 2016– Legacy Fighting Championship delivered another thrilling night of fights on AXS TV FIGHTS: LEGACY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP as they celebrated their 50th event.
The fans were in for a treat with finishes that came fast & furious as this is what the promotion is known for. Legacy kicked off a new year of fights with five finishes in seven fights.
In the main event, was the return of Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos in almost 2 years out of the cage he went against Artenas Young. Cyborg came in very aggressive throughout the fight as the judges gave Cyborg the unanimous decision victory.
The remaining 6 fights on the card, 5 ended via finish. Ray Blodget broke Jared Chaffee’s jaw, eventual Ray won by submission victory, Justin Reiswerg came in and wasted no time winning via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:43 in round one against fellow Legacy-regular Jonathan Harris.
Alex Black added another submission to his record, defeated Michael Rodriguez via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:57 in round one. In a back and forth catchweight (150 pounds) fight, Rey Trujillo defeated Charles Cheeks III via unanimous decision. Roberto Sanchez defeated David Acosta by submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:25 in round three. And to kick off the televised main card, Jeremy Hardy wins by TKO against Dale Mitchell.
Check out the official results below and join Miletich and Kruck as they break down the night’s action:
Official Results for Legacy 50 are as follows:
- Welterweight Fight – Evangelista Dos Santos (19-16) defeated Artenas Young (10-10) via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28).
- Lightweight Fight – Ray Blodget (10-3) defeated Jared Chaffee (5-2) via submission (guillotine choke) at 3:38 in round one.
- Lightweight Fight – Justin Reiswerg (10-5) defeated Jonathan Harris (10-6) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:43 in round one.
- Catchweight (150 pounds) Fight – Rey Trujillo (19-15) defeated Charles Cheeks III (9-5) via unanimous decision (no scores given).
- Featherweight Fight – Alex Black (9-4) defeated Michael Rodriguez (7-5) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:57 in round one.
- Flyweight Fight – Roberto Sanchez (4-0) defeated David Acosta (2-1) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:25 in round three.
- Heavyweight Fight – Jeremy Hardy (3-1) defeated Dale Mitchell (6-7) via TKO (punches and knees) at 3:20 in round one.
- Dulani Perry def. Shakeem Richardson by
submission (armbar) in Round 2, 3:20
- Chad Cook def. Chris Rose by
submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 1, 4:28
- David Kelley def. Richard Copley by
TKO (punches) in Round 2, 0:45
- Jonathan Walker def. Darius Gray by
- Jonathon Davis def. John Smith by
submission (kimura) in Round 1, 2:49
- Eduardo Anaya def. Erick Brazer by
TKO (retirement) in Round 1, 3:00
- Donovan Carrasco def. Torey Miller by
submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 3, 2:21
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous Interviews with Dana White and Urijah Faber on ‘INSIDE MMA’
- Next BIBIANO FERNANDES DEFEATS KEVIN BELINGON VIA KIMURA
Sorry - Comments are closed