VITOR BELFORT STATEMENT ON WHY HE TURNED DOWN THE CHANCE AT THE INTERIM BELT
Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here.
FightBookMMA Amazon Store.
FightBookMMA Box Office for all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts.
Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV.
Monday February 2, 2015– Last week it was announced that Champion Chris Weidman was injured with a rib injury and once again the fight with Vitor Belfort at UFC 184 was canceled. This isn’t the first time the fight has been delayed it is the third, the last time Weidman suffered a broken hand that moved the proposed bout at UFC 181 last December to the most recent date on Feb. 28 at UFC 184.
This past Saturday UFC president offered the chance for Vitor Belfor to still fight for the interim title fight against Lyoto Machida however, Vitor quickly declined the offer. Yesterday Vitor released a statement on his fan page on Facebook explaining reasons to why he declined the offer.
I would like to say that, as everyone else, I’m very disappointed with all this situation.
For exactly one year, I have seen my dream to make history in UFC with my 3rd world title in a different weight category postponed.
Here are some facts:
– UFC had to reschedule the middleweight world title content 3 times because of my opponent’s injuries. (from May/14 to July/14- Weidman had a knee surgery, from December/14 to February/15 – Weidman had his hand broken, from February/15 to probably May/15- Weidman had his ribs hurt)
– MY FOCUS WAS ALWAYS THE MIDDLEWEIGHT BELT AND I CLIMBED THE LADDER TO ACHIEVE MY POSITION.
– This is why I won’t fight for an interim, but if UFC gives 8 weeks and the middleweight Belt available for dispute I fight with anyone from the ranking. Not for an Interin, But theMiddleweight Belt!
– I’ve been in this sport for 19 years and I have never let UFC down.
– I accepted to fight for the Light Heavyweight Belt right after the my sister got kidnapped and I still won the world championship.
– I offered myself to fight in the UFC 152 against Jon Joneswith less than 8 weeks to prepare myself to the bout and I had exactly the same injury my opponent has now and still I stepped up to the fight.
I would like to thank UFC, the press and fans support, always.
Focused in the Middleweight Belt!
Sorry - Comments are closed