Want the latest News?
WSOF 22 Media Call With Palhares, Shields, Moraes, Silva, Kyle And Six-Time World Champ and Two-Time Hall of Famer Ray Sefo
ROUSIMAR PALHARES, JAKE SHIELDS
MARLON MORAES, SHEYMON MORAES
THIAGO SILVA, MIKE KYLE
WSOF EXECS RAY SEFO AND ALI ABDEL-AZIZ
Wednesday July 22, 2015– FightBookMMA.com’s Journalist and Correspondent Mozz Manzoor was in attendance with the fighters and executives in a national media conference call that took place today (Wednesday, July 22, 2015) to discuss the highly-anticipated World Series of Fighting Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) world championship doubleheader mega-event on Saturday, August 1, at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nev., live on NBCSN (11 p.m. EST/8 p.m. PST).
The following were in attendance:
- World Welterweight Champion Rousimar Palhares
- Two-Time World Champ and Welterweight Championship Challenger Jake Shields
- World Bantamweight Champion Marlon Moraes
- Undefeated World Bantamweight Championship Challenger Sheymon Moraes
- Light Heavyweight Superstar Thiago Silva
- Seasoned Light Heavyweight Veteran Mike Kyle
- WSOF Sr. Exec. Vice President and Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz
- WSOF President, Six-Time World Champ and Two-Time Hall of Famer Ray Sefo
In the long-awaited main event, reigning WSOF World Welterweight (170 pounds) Champion Rousimar “Toquinho” Palhares (17-6) of Minas Gerais, Brazil will put his coveted title on the line against two-time world champion and fellow Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt Jake Shields (31-7) of San Francisco, Calif.
In the co-main event, WSOF World Bantamweight (135 pounds) Champion Marlon Moraes (14-4-1) of Toms River, N.J. via Nova Friburgo, Brazil will defend his belt against ferocious, undefeated challenger Sheymon Moraes (7-0) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Thiago Silva (16-4, 2 NC) of Oakland Park, Fla. via Sao Paulo, Brazil will square off with battle-tested warrior Mike “MAK” Kyle (21-12-1) of San Jose, Calif.in a featured light heavyweight (205 pounds) contest.
In other action on the live NBCSN telecast, 23-year-old rising star Abubakar Nurmagomedov (9-1) of Makhachkala, Russia will make his debut in the U.S. against unbeaten power striker Jorge Moreno (4-0) of Moses Lake, Wash. at welterweight, and Jimmy Spicuzza (6-2) of Las Vegas will make his fifth WSOF start against submission wizard Islam Mamedov (11-1) of Jersey City, N.J. in a lightweight (155 pounds) contest.
Priced from $29.99, tickets for “WSOF 22: Palhares vs. Shields” are on sale at Ticketmaster.com and WSOF.com.
Doors at The AXIS at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino will open at 4 p.m. PT for the event, and the first preliminary bout will begin at 5 p.m.
You can listen to the Media Confernce Call below:
- Previous LORENZO HOOD SET FOR PROMOTIONAL DEBUT AGAINST RAPHAEL BUTLER DURING MAIN CARD OF ‘BELLATOR: GUILLARD VS. GIRTZ’
- Next Salinas vs. Avila – Aug. 8 fight for vacant interim NABF Super Bantamweight Title
Sorry - Comments are closed