WSOF 30 OFFICIAL RESULTS & VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS
Sunday April 3, 2016—WSOF 30 took place from Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The main event was between David Branch who took on Clifford Starks to defend his bekt. In the co-main event Jon Fitch took on Joao Zeferino for the vacant WSOF welterweight title.
In the main event, Branch landed an illegal knee in the second round that cost him a point, after referee McCarthy resumed the fight, Starks threatened Branch with a late guillotine choke.
Branch dominated Starks throughout the fight, including a 10-8 round from all three judges, With this win, he moved to 8-0 under the WSOF banner and retained his middleweight title. Branch also holds the WSOF light heavyweight belt.
Check out highlights from the title fight:
Fitch mentioned that him coming into this fight for the vacant WSOF welterweight title that this could be his last shot at a major MMA belt.
In the co-main event, Fitch grinded out the Brazilian Joao Zeferino with constant pressure throughout the fight for a perfect 50-45.
Check out the highlights from the title fight:
Jake Heun had some spectacular moments against Vinny Magalhaes but was it enough for him to win the fight?
According to all three judges they gave the light heavyweight fight to Magalhaes via unanimous decision with scores of 29-28, 29-28, 29-28.
Check out the highlights from this fight here:
The welterweights gave us an exciting fight, Abu Azaitar and Danny Davis Jr. went toe to toe for 15 minutes.
Azaitar took a unanimous decision from Davis Jr. via unanimous decision 29-28, 29-28, 29-28.
Check out the highlights here:
WSOF 30 OFFICIAL RESULTS
- David Branch def. Clifford Starks via unanimous decision (49-44, 49-44, 49-44)
- Jon Fitch def. Joao Zeferino via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Vinny Magalhaes def. Jake Heun via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Abu Azaitar def. Danny Davis Jr. via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov def. Matthew Frincu via KO (punches) – Round 2, 3:05
- Rex Harris def. Clinton Williams via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Steve Kozola def. Matt Church via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:57
- Adam Acquaviva def. Andres Ponce via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:10
- Zach Bunnell def. Jeff Roman via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!
- Previous Xiaomi ROAD FC 030 Update: Kim Seung-Yeon injured, bout with Baoshe Riguleng postponed
- Next Patrick “The Punisher” Hyland Fighting For Irish Boxing History
Sorry - Comments are closed