WSOF GC 4 DEEP VS GLOBAL Weigh-Ins Complete – Main Event is Set!
WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING – GLOBAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Weigh-Ins Complete – Main Event is Set for WSOF GC 4 DEEP VS GLOBAL
Fight Scheduled for December 17th at Differ Ariake Arena in Tokyo, Japan
TOKYO, JAPAN December 16, 2016 World Series of Fighting – Global Championship (WSOF-GC) and DEEP Fighting Championships have finished with their weigh-ins for WSOF-GC 4 DEEP VS GLOBAL. The main event between Lawrence DiGiulio (125) and Yusaku Nakamura (125) both weighed in for their flyweight title fight without incident.
At a press conference held immediately after weigh-ins, both DiGiulio and Nakamura expressed their enthusiasm for tomorrow’s match up. Nakamura started off by saying, “I really enjoy testing my skills against international opponents. Lawrence gave me a very tough fight when we first fought in February. I want tough fights. I think our styles make for a very exciting match and to do it for a world championship makes it even more thrilling.”
DiGiulio added, “It is very exciting to have this opportunity to fight in Japan once again. I think the judges got it wrong the first time we fought. I am not making excuses though. I went back and worked on strengthening some things to perfect my game. Yusaku is a very hard-hitting, exciting fighter. I expect he is going to bring his best tomorrow and so am I. Only this time, I think the result will be different.”
Jason Lilly, Vice President of Operations, concluded with, “Both of these guys gave us a Fight of the Night back in February. I very much expect they will bring the same tomorrow. There is a lot of mutual respect between these two, but make no mistake, these guys aren’t friends. Both guys have done our organization proud and either of them will make a fine representative as our very first Flyweight World Champion. Our team at WSOF Global wants to thank Mr. Shigeru Saeki and DEEP Fighting Championships for allowing us the opportunity to co-promote this special event with them.”
Unfortunately, things did not go as smoothly for the WSOF-GC Bantamweight match. Japan’s Takafumi Otsuka easily came in at 135, but his opponent, Brazil’s Fernando Vieira, missed weight on his first attempt, coming in at 142. Otsuka and his team agreed to give Vieira additional time due to his travel to make it to 135. Otsuka added, “I don’t want any excuses. I want the best that he can bring me. If he does not make the weight, it won’t be because I didn’t give him the opportunity. I came prepared to win this title. He should have been equally prepared. I am upset that he did not, but again, I don’t want excuses. I want a tough fight and to become the first WSOF Global Bantamweight World Champion.”
The feature match of the night, between Masakazi Imanari and Tatsunao Nagakura, both came in under the 145lb limit for their DEEP Featherweight Championship match. All other fighters made weight without incident.
Unofficial Weights Below:
- Yusaku Nakamura (125) vs Lawrence DiGiulio (125)
- Masakazi Imanari (145) vs Tatsunao Nagakura (145)
- Takafumi Otsuka (135) vs Fernando Vieira (142)
- Masanori Kanehara (135) vs Charlie Alaniz (135)
- Toshiaki Kitada (135) vs Koichi Ishizuka (135)
- Yoshiyuki Yoshida (170) vs Yoshiyuki Katahira (170)
- Kosuke Suzuki (115) vs Tetsuo Nakanishi (115)
- Haruo Ochi (115) vs Yutaro Muramoto (115)
- Makoto Kamaya (135) vs Sung Jae Kim (135)
- Shoma Shibisai (265) vs Ryo Sakai (265)
- Shigetoshi Iwase (155) vs Kimihiro Eto (155)
- Daisuke Endo (135) vs Jin Soo Sun (135)
- Luiz Andrade (155) vs Shintaro Agatsuma (155)
- Takuya Maruoka (125) vs Makoto Takahashi (125)
- Fujito Hasegawa (135) vs Hiroyuki Kobayashi (135)
- Seita Katsuki (145) vs Takanori Takahashi (145)
- Kazuhide Shirota (135) vs Taito Kubota (135)
- Yasutaka Ishigami (125) vs Naoto Ayuta (125)
Fight fans from around the world can watch these bouts and the entire 18-fight card, starting LIVE at 9:30pm PST on December 16 for just $9.99 at wsofgc.com. WSOF Global will host WSOF-GC 4 DEEP vs GLOBAL at Differ Ariake Arena on December 17, 2016 at 14:30JST (UTC +9). Tickets start at ¥6500 with VIP seating available for ¥16,000. Tickets are now on sale at http://deep2001.tstar.jp/.
This year WSOF Global has brought together more than 15 MMA promotions on 6 continents for fans under one common banner, including DEEP, which has hosted over 300 events since their inception in 2001. These fights will be making their way into the WSOF Global Fight Library at wsofgc.com, as will future fights available live. There are currently five events online at wsofgc.com, including DEEP 76, DEEP 77, DEEP CAGE IMPACT 2016, DEEP JEWELS 12, and DEEP JEWELS 13. MMA fans can watch all of these fights, as well as those from all other affiliates at WSOFGC.com.
By: Roberto Villa
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
- Previous MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS SIGNS UNDEFEATED LIGHTWEIGHT SAUL “NENO” RODRIGUEZ
- Next UFC on FOX 22: Paige VanZant vs. Michelle Waterson official weigh-in results & Live stream of the weigh-ins
Sorry - Comments are closed