Xiaomi ROAD FC 038 Official Weigh In Results and Photos
Need gear for the outdoor living or adventure? Go here.
FightBookMMA Amazon Store.
FightBookMMA Box Office for all your Combat Sporting Events and Concerts.
Watch Live Fights on FightBookMMA via iPPV on FITE TV.
April 14, 2017 – ROAD Fighting Championship announces the Official weigh in results for Xiaomi ROAD FC 038 on April 15, 2017 at the Jangchung Arena in Seoul, South Korea.
In the main event for the ROAD FC Bantamweight title, Kim Soo-Chul and Kim Min-Woo both made weight.
Kim Min-Woo said, “Tomorrow will be my first championship match. I always train very earnestly. I have to win for my family, my mom is very sick.”
Kim Soo-Chul said, “Finally, I’m here. I have the bantamweight championship match. Former champ Lee Yun-Jun, my coach Jung Mun-Hong, and my teammates always help me, so I don’t think I can be defeated. Tomorrow I will win as fast as possible so I can go right back home.”
In the co-main event Openweight match, Myung Hyun-Man weighed in at 117.3 kgs while Chris Barnett smashed the scale flat with 135.7kgs.
Myung said, “I will show a great fight tomorrow. I was very disappointed in my last two fights against Mighty Mo and Cro Cop. So I have to win, and keep my honor.”
Barnett said, “I’m so excited to be here in Korea because I’m a Taekwondo fighter, I’ve always wanted to do this. So tomorrow I will show you all kinds of spinning stuff, lots of Taekwondo. Thank you so much for having me!”
In an International Trials bout for the $1 Million Lightweight Tournament, former ROAD FC champion Nam Yui-Chul and last minute replacement Tom Santos got heated with a little shoving.
Nam said, “I appreciate the opportunity to be in this tournament. I’m the former ROAD FC champ, so I know that many people have high expectations of me. So I have have to win.”
Santos said, “I’m happy to have this chance to be in ROAD FC. Because it’s my first time in this country, I have to win.”
In the second International Trials bout, Bruno Miranda came in at 300 grams over the allowance while Nandin-Erdene made weight.
Nandin said, “I prepared well. Because of Kim Hoon’s coaching I will win.”
Miranda said, “I will do what I always do, I will finish the fight, I will get a KO.”
In the final International Trials bout o the card, Mansour Barnaoui and Ki Won-Bin both made weight.
Mansour said, “It’s an honor to be in this tournament, and to fight here in Korea. Thank you very much for this chance.”
Ki said, “I’m so happy to get the chance to try to get in the tournament, I will do my best!”
In the opening middleweight match, both Kuwabara Kiyoshi and Kim Dae-Sung came in overweight, Kuwabara at 1.7 over and Kim at 100 grams over.
On the Young Guns 33 preliminary card, the first finals match for the China Trials with Amartuvshin Khuukhenkhuu and Shang Lianru both made weight. One fighter did not make weight on the first attempt, Yoo Jae-Nam came in at 300 grams over.
Event: Xiaomi ROAD Fighting Championship 038
Date: Saturday, April 15, 2017
Place: Jangchung Arena, Seoul, South Korea
17:00 KST Live in Korea on MBC Sports Plus
17:00 KST Live internationally on ROAD FC YouTube
In China on CCTV
- 6th -61.5kg BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
- KIM SOO-CHUL 61.8kg (PASS)
- KIM MIN-WOO 62kg (PASS)
- 5th OPENWEIGHT BOUT
- MYUNG HYUN MAN 117.3kg
- CHRIS BARNETT 135.7kg
- 4th -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT INT TRIALS
- NAM YUI-CHUL 70.4kg (PASS)
- TOM SANTOS 69.9kg (PASS)
- 3rd -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT INT TRIALS
- BRUNO MIRANDA 70.8kg (FAIL 1st try, deduct 50% purse)
- NANDIN-ERDENE 70.4kg (PASS)
- 2nd -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT INT TRIALS
- MANSOUR BARNAOUI 69.7kg (PASS)
- KI WON-BIN 70.2kg (PASS)
- 1st -84kg MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT
- KUWABARA KIYOSHI 86.2kg (FAIL 1st try, deduct 50% purse)
- KIM DAE-SUNG 84.6kg (FAIL 1st try, deduct 50% purse)
XIAOMI ROAD FC YOUNG GUNS 33 Official Weigh-In Results
- 6th -61.5kg BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
- PARK HYUNG-GEUN 61.9kg (PASS)
- JANG DAE-YOUNG 61.9kg (PASS)
- 5th -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT CHINA TRIALS
- SHANG LIANRU 70kg (PASS)
- KHUUKHENKHUU AMARTUVSHIN 70.3kg (PASS)
- 4th -57kg FLYWEIGHT BOUT
- YOO JAE-NAM 57.8kg (FAIL 1st try, deduct 50% purse)
- JEONG WON-HEE 57.2kg (PASS)
- 3rd -70 LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
- CHOI JONG-CHAN 70.1kg (PASS)
- CHO GYEONG-EUI 69.9kg (PASS)
- 2nd -70kg LIGHTWEIGHT BOUT
- SHIN DONG-GUK 70.4kg (PASS)
- LIM BYEONG-HA 70.4kg (PASS)
- 1st -61.5kg BANTAMWEIGHT BOUT
- LEE YOON-JIN 61.9kg (PASS)
- HONG SEONG-BIN 61.7kg (PASS)
Show your support and head out to our Online Store. We have hats, sweaters, woman’s tank tops, hoodies, cups. Head out to the store by GOING HERE. Help us sponsor fighters by joining the #FightBookMMANation. Want to learn more on how WE can help these fighters get sponsored so they can pay for Travel, Hotel, Gym Time, etc.? Than GO HERE!
Want to watch more Combat Sports Events? Then you need to download FITE. It’s the app that let’s you enjoy MMA, professional wrestling, boxing, Muay Thai and traditional martial arts right on the screen of your TV – when you want to and where you want to. Check them out by GOING HERE.
Check out StrongBoard Balance they are a health and wellness company which they make the best balance board and fitness products on the planet. Use Coupon Code: FIGHTBOOK for FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the US by GOING HERE.
Follow FightBookMMA’s CEO/Founder/President/Owner
- Previous Manuel Mendez Makes Weight, Headlines “Locked n’ Loaded” Friday Night
- Next Young up-and-comer Barry continues recent stretch with third fight in five months at CES MMA 43
Sorry - Comments are closed