The four men involved in the two most important bouts of BRAVE CF 57 have made sure the last face-offs before fight night were memorable ones.
After making weight earlier in the day, Hamza Kooheji and Brad Katona were in charge of the most tense moment of the event as fans flocked the halls of Oasis Mall Juffair to get a last glimpse of their favorite fighters before the battles ahead.
Kooheji and Katona both weighed in under championship limit for their main event fight. They will contest for the BRAVE CF vacant Bantamweight world title, and their staredown proved that there’s a world championship truly on the line, as they tensely faced off, refusing to flinch and look away. They spoke briefly and the tension was palpable.
In the co-main event of the evening, Mohammad Fakhreddine and Mohamed Said Maalem also had a very intense staredown, with both men refusing to look away and briefly doing a second face-off before being whisked away from the stage at the Oasis Mall Juffair.
This Friday, BRAVE CF 57 takes place at the Khalifa Sports City Arena with three world titles on the line and now 15 nations represented.
In the official weigh-ins earlier, Nursulton Ruziboev didn’t make the Super Welterweight limit and is out of the fight against Luis Felipe Dias, after refusing to be deducted 15% of his purse. The fight card goes on with 12 bouts.
Omar Emad also didn’t make weight and has forfeited part of his purse to Abdullah Al-Yaqoob and will have to weigh-in at 68kg in the morning of fight night.
BRAVE CF 57 Official Weigh-In Results:
- Bantamweight title fight: Hamza Kooheji (61,2 kg) vs Brad Katona (61,1 kg)
- Light Heavyweight title fight: Mohammad Fakhreddine (92,7 kg) vs Mohamed Said Maalem (91,9 kg)
- Lightweight interim title fight: Abdisalam Uulu Kubanychbek (70,3 kg) vs Cleiton Silva (70,3 kg)
- Lightweight: Sam Patterson (70,4 kg) vs Khunkar-Pasha Osmaev (70,4 kg)
- Lightweight: Husein Kadimagomaev (70,7 kg) vs Agshin Babaev (70,5 kg)
- Flyweight: Asu Almabaev (57,1 kg) vs Imram Magaramov (57,1 kg)
- Lightweight: Kamil Magomedov (70,6 kg) vs Sayed Murtaza Sadat (67,3 kg)
- Light Heavyweight: Murtaza Talha (93 kg) vs Mikheil Sazhiniani (92,9 kg)
- Bantamweight: Mohamed Farhad (61,7 kg) vs Maysara Mohamed (59,5 kg)
- Bantamweight: Magomed Idrisov (61,2 kg) vs Rahmatullah Yousufzai (61,6 kg)
- Bantamweight: Abdullah Al Yaqoob (60,4 kg) vs Omar Emad (63,6 kg)
- Amateur Lightweight: Hussain Muhammad (70,4 kg) vs Adon Ayoub (70,7 kg)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting