NEW YORK– Combate Global today announced that, in a midnight ET time slot, the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) sports franchise’s first-ever awards show delivered a total of 458,000 P2+ television viewers on Univision and TUDN USA on Friday, Dec. 17.
“Combate’s awards show was a great example of the high-quality and exciting programming we do,” said Combate Global CEO Campbell McLaren. “More people watched our awards show than watched most other MMA organizations’ regular fight shows.”
The total viewership included 160,000 viewers in the coveted A18-49 demographic.
Combate Global’s awards show honored winners in 10 different categories:
- Fight of the Year – Roberto Romero vs. Zedekiah Montanez
- Fighter of the Year – Cristian “Puas” Perez
- Knockout of the Year – David “The Black Spartan” Martinez (KO win over Francisco “Cisco” Rivera, Jr.)
- Submission of the Year – IIrlanda Galindo (Rear-naked choke win over Maraya Miller)
- Comeback of the Year – Max “Steel” Gonzalez (Submission (rear-naked choke) win over Bryce Gamboa)
- Debut of the Year – Patrick “The Leech” Lehane
- Heart of a Fighter – Gloria Bravo
- Social Responsibility – Diana Mendoza
- Darkhorse of the Year – Enrique “Baby Bull” Gonzalez
- Fan Favorite of the Year – Lucero “La Loba” Acosta
The awards show marked the conclusion to a brilliant year for Combate Global, which produced a total of 30 live television events, including its first-ever European fighter tournament that garnered 946,000 P2+ viewers on Univision, a new record for the MMA organization, on August 1.
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting