LOS ANGELES – BELLATOR MMA has today confirmed the full fight card for BELLATOR MMA 256: Bader vs. Machida 2 this Friday, April 9 inside the “FightSphere” at Mohegan Sun Arena. The event is the second of three straight weeks of action on SHOWTIME with the card set to begin live at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. ET.
The BELLATOR MMA Light Heavyweight World Grand Prix kicks off with a Quarterfinal matchup featuring former two-division champion and No. 1 contender Ryan Bader (27-6, 1 NC) and fourth-ranked Lyoto Machida (26-10) in an exciting rematch between the two veterans.
Four other exciting bouts round out the BELLATOR MMA 256 main card on SHOWTIME, including No. 2 Liz Carmouche (14-7) taking on the debuting Vanessa Porto (22-8) at flyweight, a women’s featherweight matchup between No. 3 Cat Zingano (11-4) and Knoxville, Tennessee-native Olivia Parker (4-1), a men’s featherweight contest pitting No. 3 Adam Borics (16-1) againstNo. 8 Jeremy Kennedy (16-2, 1 NC) and No. 3 Goiti Yamauchi (25-4) versus newly signed Dan Moret (14-6) in an explosive opening lightweight bout.
As part of the launch of BELLATOR MMA on SHOWTIME, the network is offering viewers who are new to the SHOWTIME streaming service a 30-day free trial, followed by a discounted monthly subscription fee of $4.99/month for the next six months. Viewers can sign up at SHO.com/BellatorMMA. Subscribers will be delivered two premier BELLATOR MMA events per month throughout 2021 and beyond, with all events scheduled to air live at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT anywhere the SHOWTIME service is available.
The preliminary card is set for eight bouts and is highlighted by a battle of top-10 bantamweights, as No. 8 Cass Bell (5-1)takes on No. 10 Jornel Lugo (5-0). Plus, undefeated middleweight Dalton Rosta (4-0), former featherweight title challenger Talita Nogueira (7-2), undefeated featherweight prospect Cody Law (2-0) and lightweight Nainoa Dung (3-2) are also scheduled to compete. All prelims will stream live at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT on the BELLATOR MMA YouTube channel, SHOWTIME Sports YouTube channel and Pluto TV. Full bout listings are below:
BELLATOR MMA 256: Bader vs. Machida 2 Main Card: SHOWTIME 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT
- Light Heavyweight WGP Quarterfinal Bout: #1-Ryan Bader (27-6, 1 NC) vs. #4-Lyoto Machida (26-10)
- Flyweight Co-Main Event: #2-Liz Carmouche (14-7) vs. Vanessa Porto (22-8)
- Featherweight Bout: #3-Adam Borics (16-1) vs. #8-Jeremy Kennedy (16-2, 1 NC)
- Featherweight Bout: #3-Cat Zingano (11-4) vs. Olivia Parker (4-1)
- Lightweight Bout: #3-Goiti Yamauchi (25-4) vs. Dan Moret (14-6)
BELLATOR MMA YouTube Channel | SHOWTIME Sports YouTube Channel | Pluto TV 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT
- Middleweight Bout: Dalton Rosta (4-0) vs. Tony Johnson (9-2)
- Featherweight Bout: Talita Nogueira (7-2) vs. Jessica Borga (3-2)
- Bantamweight Bout: #8-Cass Bell (5-1) vs. #10-Jornel Lugo (5-0)
- Featherweight Bout: Cody Law (2-0) vs. Nathan Ghareeb (2-0)
- Bantamweight Bout: Jaylon Bates (1-0) vs. Jeffrey Glossner (2-1)
- Lightweight Bout: Nainoa Dung (3-2) vs. Izzy William (4-3)
- Flyweight Bout: Diana Avsaragova (2-0) vs. Tara Graff (1-2)
- Bantamweight Bout: John Douma (4-2) vs. Will Smith (3-2)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting