When Dak Draper moved to the Pure division earlier this year, he did so with one goal in mind: to become ROH Pure Champion.
“The Mile High Magnum” will get his opportunity when he challenges “The Octopus” Jonathan Gresham of The Foundation for the title at the 19th Anniversary pay-per-view on March 26.
Draper is one of the cockiest competitors in ROH, but he has backed up his braggadocio. The 2019 Top Prospect Tournament winner is 10-1 in one-on-matches in ROH, with his lone loss coming to ROH World Television Champion Dragon Lee in February 2020.
In Pure Rules matches, Draper is 3-0, including a win over outstanding technical wrestler Fred Yehi on the latest episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling.”
However, as confident as Draper is and as good as he’s been, defeating Gresham in a Pure rules match is easier said than done. Gresham has won his last seven Pure rules matches, including successful defenses of the Pure Title against Flip Gordon and Joe Keys.
Although the 6-foot-5, 250-pound Draper is a foot taller and 75 pounds heavier than Gresham, the champion has repeatedly proved that being arguably the greatest technical wrestler in the sport is a great neutralizer.
Will Draper get his first taste of ROH gold? Or will Gresham cut Draper down to size? Join us on pay-per-view or streaming for HonorClub to find out!
ROH PRESENTS 19th ANNIVERSARY
FRIDAY, MARCH 26, 8 P.M. EASTERN
ON PAY-PER-VIEW AND HONORCLUB
19th ANNIVERSARY HOUR ONE AIRS FREE ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS
- ROH WORLD TITLE MATCH
- CHAMPION RUSH vs. JAY LETHAL
- GRUDGE MATCH JAY BRISCOE vs. EC3
- ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
- CHAMPION DRAGON LEE vs. TRACY WILLIAMS
- UNSANCTIONED MATCH
- MATT TAVEN vs. VINCENT
- ROH PURE TITLE MATCH
- CHAMPION JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. DAK DRAPER
- ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
- CHAMPIONS LA FACCIÓN INGOBERNABLE’S DRAGON LEE & KENNY KING (w/AMY ROSE) vs. THE FOUNDATION’S TRACY WILLIAMS & RHETT TITUS
- ROH WORLD SIX-MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
- CHAMPIONS SHANE TAYLOR & SOLDIERS OF SAVAGERY (MOSES & KAUN) vs. MEXISQUAD (BANDIDO, FLAMITA & REY HORUS)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting