Cleiton ”Predator” Silva is back in action as the former Lightweight world champion will face off against top grappler Kamil Magomedov in a 155-pound tilt scheduled for BRAVE CF 57, on March 11th, in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Cleiton has been with BRAVE CF since April of 2018 when he made his debut beating current world champion Ahmed Amir by TKO at BRAVE CF 11 in his hometown of Belo Horizonte. He followed that up with another finish at BRAVE CF 15, over Marcelo Bustos, which earned him a title shot.
In one of the bitterest rivalries in Brazilian MMA’s recent history, he engaged in a war of words with then-champion Luan Santiago and took the title from ”Miau” via first-round submission. However, he would later lose the title to Amin Ayoub in his first title defense.
One of the top submission grapplers in Dagestan, Kamil Magomedov came into the BRAVE CF roster credentialed as one to watch in the Lightweight division. Despite a setback against Fighter of the Year candidate Sam Patterson, KHK Team Bahrain’s Magomedov is still a force to be reckoned with and will look to earn his first BRAVE CF victory over a former champion.
BRAVE CF 57 takes place at the Khalifa Sports City Arena, in the Kingdom of Bahrain, on March 11th. The legendary show will take place as part of the BRAVE International Combat Week, the largest combat sports festival in Asia. BRAVE CF 57 will be headlined by a vacant Bantamweight world title fight between Hamza Kooheji and Brad Katona.
Also taking place during the BRAVE International Combat Week 2022 is the first edition of the MMA Super Cup, the biggest nation vs nation amateur tournament in mixed martial arts, with tremendous cash prizes for the top national federations to reinvest in the development of the sport in their territories.
BRAVE CF 57 Fight Card (so far):
- Bantamweight title fight: Hamza Kooheji (11-2) vs Brad Katona (10-2)
- Light Heavyweight title fight: Mohammad Fakhreddine (MW-C, 14-4, 2 NC) vs Mohamed Said Maalem (11-3, 1 NC)
- Lightweight interim title fight: Abdisalam Uulu Kubanychbek (18-3) vs Amin Ayoub (16-5)
- Super Welterweight fight: Nursulton Ruziboev (32-8-2, 2 NC) vs Luis Felipe Dias (14-3)
- Lightweight: Sam Patterson (8-1-1) vs Khunkar-Pasha Osmaev (10-6-1)
- Flyweight: Asu Almabaev (14-2) vs Rizvan Abuev (12-3)
- Lightweight: Husein Kadimagomaev (8-1) vs Agshin Babaev (22-7, 1 NC)
- Lightweight: Kamil Magomedov (14-2) vs Cleiton Silva (15-3)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting