THACKERVILLE, OK. (November 20, 2015) – Hisaki Kato’s (5-2) story has been highly publicized this week, but the headline following the main event of “Bellator 146: Kato vs. Manhoef” inside the WinStar World Casino once again revolves around Melvin Manhoef’s (30-12-1) thunderous punching power.
In what was an absolutely captivating round of action, both middleweights unloaded on one another, putting everything behind each shot until “No Mercy” did as he’s now done 28 times in his career and stopped “The Japanese Musketeer” at 3:43 of the opening frame. The Parisian loses nothing the effort he put forth, as he valiantly went toe-to-toe with one of mixed martial arts most dangerous strikers.
Girtz Stops Campos in Under 60 Seconds
After an impressive victory against veteran Melvin Guillard just a few months earlier, Brandon Girtz (14-4) shined again, only needing 37 seconds to knockout Derek Campos (15-6) in the co-headliner at “Bellator 146: Kato vs. Manhoef.” Girtz caught “The Stallion” with shots to the temple that sent the Texan falling backwards and in need of referee Jason Herzog calling a stop to the action. Both men have strong wrestling backgrounds, but it was the striking of the Grudge Training Center product that ended this fight before a whole minute had elapsed.
Jenkins Squashes Beef With Parsons Inside the Bellator MMA Cage
The beef between Bubba Jenkins (10-2) and Jordan Parsons (11-2) came to a head during the main card on Spike, with both men tearing into eachother for the entire 15 minutes during their violent featherweight encounter. In the end, “The Highlight Kid” took home a split decision victory with scores of (29-28, 28-29, 30-27). After the fight, Jenkins made it clear that his opponents can talk all they want leading up to a fight, but when it comes time to square off inside the Bellator MMA cage, “talk is cheap.” It will be interesting to see who the 27-year-old is paired with by Bellator MMA matchmakers in an extremely deep pool of featherweight sharks.
Chidi Njokuani ‘Bang Bangs’ Rainey in Decision Win
A tightly contested welterweight fight between Chidi Njokuani (14-4) and Ricky Rainey (11-4) went the distance, but in the end it was “Chidi Chidi Bang Bang” who took home the unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28). Rainey did a fantastic job of getting inside on Njokuani, closing the distance and utilized the cage as his adversary, but at any opportunity the Dallas native was given, he struck emphatically, closing the right eye of Rainey. With the win, Njokuani is now unbeaten in his last six and undefeated under the Bellator MMA banner.
Viana Jabs His Way to Victory in Bellator 146 Opener
In the opening contest on Spike, Guilherme Viana (7-2) utilized his reach to outpunch known striker Houston Alexander, (16-13-1) opening a significant cut over the right eye of the veteran that led the cageside physician to call a halt to the action between rounds two and three. With the victory, the 29-year-old Brazilian notched his first win inside the Bellator MMA cage while a visibly upset Alexander complained to referee John McCarthy regarding the decision to call a stop to the bout. Viana, who trains with Glover Teixeira, utilized his jab to do most of the damage that ultimately earned him the technical knockout.
Preliminary Card Results:
- Bubba McDaniel (27-10) defeated Kenyon Jackson (3-3) via technical knockout (punches) at 4:14 of round two
- Codale Ford (11-8) defeated Justin Patterson (6-1) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:17 of round one
- Klayton Mai (8-1) defeated Roshaun Jones (4-4) via submission (guillotine) at 2:25 of round one
- Chris Jones (10-3) defeated Treston Thomison (8-4) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Stephen Banaszak (5-5) defeated George Pacurariu (10-5) via submission (guillotine) at 3:42 of round one
- Francisco France (13-3) defeated Ben Reiter (16-1) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:08 or round two
- Julia Budd (8-2) defeated Roberta Paim (4-1) via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Andre Santos (38-10) defeated Josh Neer (36-15-1) via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Arlene Blencowe (7-5) defeated Gabrielle Holloway (5-4) via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Alonzo Menifield (1-0) defeated Zach Rosol (1-0) via knockout (punches) at 0:38 of round one
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!