TEXAS COMMISSION CANCELS FIGHTNIGHT LIVE PPV SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JULY 11
NEW YORK – Citing a rise in COVID-19 cases in the Houston area, the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) canceled this weekend’s Force Train Promotions / NextFightUp 10-bout boxing card, an event scheduled to air as a $5 Pay Per View via FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Powered by Everlast.
The popular Facebook platform will refund all pre-payments made in anticipation of Saturday night’s show within 30 days.
“We were very much looking forward to Saturday night’s show, but of course, the health and safety of the fighters, corners, commission and our broadcast crew is paramount,” said Mark Fratto, Principal and Director of Business Development, Linacre Media. “Pay Per View presales were looking strong for this card, and will be refunded as soon as Facebook is able to process them. Please message the FIGHTNIGHT LIVE Facebook Pageif your refund is not processed by Early August.”
“Even with all of our efforts in getting boxing opened back up in Texas and ensuring the safety of the fighters, trainers and event staff, the State of Texas has withdrawn their approval of our July 11 show. We will not stop here. Although this one has been taken from us we had already petitioned for other dates so that boxing would live in Texas. We will keep you all updated throughout the process and the new dates once approved,” said Joseph Vredevelt of NextFightUp.
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.