LAS VEGAS – Dana White’s Contender Series 14 took place at The Ultimate Fighter Gym in Las Vegas. The event streamed live on UFC Fight Pass.
Three UFC contracts were handed out by UFC President Dana White after the event. Heavyweight Jeff Hughes received his contract after his first-round TKO against Josh Appelt. Light heavyweight Jim Crute received his contract after his first-round TKO against Chris Birchler. Featherweight Sodiq Yusuff also received his contract after a back and forth slugfest wining by unanimous decision against Mike Davis. White did state that the 18-year-old Chase Hooper will get a developmental deal with the UFC. Hooper impressed Dana with his win against Canaan Kawaihae via unanimous decision.
Below you can find the complete and official results. Above is the video replay of Dana White announcing the contract winners.
Dana White’s Contender Series 14 results:
- Alex Munoz def. Nick Newell via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jim Crute def. Chris Birchler via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 4:21
- Sodiq Yusuff def. Mike Davis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jeff Hughes def. Josh Appelt via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 4:26
- Chase Hooper def. Canaan Kawaihae via unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 28-26)