Arlington, TX: Triller Fight Club made its Combat Sports Promotion debut of Triad Combat on Saturday, November 27 at Globe Life Field in Arlington, TX.
Triad Combat is a revolutionary, new combat team sport that incorporates boxing and MMA rules in an aggressive, fast-paced manner with the fighters competing in a specially designed triangular ring over two-minute rounds featuring professional boxers competing against professional mixed martial arts fighters. The specific motto of leveling the playing field between the two sports utilizing crossover gloves and with holding allowed is meant to offer boxing and MMA fighters an even battleground where neither opponent has a greater advantage.
The main event was a nine-round heavyweight battle between Two-Time UFC Heavyweight World Champion Frank Mir of Las Vegas, NV and Two-Time Heavyweight Boxing World Title Challenger Kubrat ‘The Cobra’ Pulev of Sofia, Bulgaria. In the co-main event, former UFC Superstar Matt Mitrione of Milwaukee, WI clashed with Alexander ‘The Great’ Flores over seven rounds in the heavyweight division.
Triller Triad Combat results:
- Kubrat Pulev def. Frank Mir via TKO (punches) in Round 1, 1:59
- Alexander Flores def. Matt Mitrione via unanimous decision (68-64, 67-65, 68-64)
- Mike Perry def. Michael Seals via split decision (65-67, 67-65, 67-65)
- Derek Campos def. Brian Vera via majority decision (65-65, 67-63, 66-64)
- Albert Tumenov def. Scott Sigmon via unanimous decision (70-63, 70-63, 70-63)
- Alexa Culp def. Angelina Hoffschneider via TKO in Round 1, 0:46
- Harry Gigliotti def. Jacob Thrall via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting