Las Vegas – The seventh annual UFC® International Fight Week™ will feature a heavyweight championship Superfight, as well as a thrilling featherweight championship bout. Following their coaching duties on THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATED, heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic goes for a record fourth consecutive successful title defense against light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier. Also at UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIER, featherweight champion Max Holloway will take on undefeated No. 1 contender Brian Ortega. The event will take place at T-Mobile Arena Saturday, July 7 and will air live on Pay-Per-View. THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATED FINALE goes down Friday, July 6 at The Pearl at Palms Casino Resort and will air live on FS1.
Miocic (18-2, fighting out of Independence, Ohio) etched his name in the history books this past January, earning a record third consecutive heavyweight title defense with a dominant victory over Francis Ngannou. The former NCAA Division I wrestler is currently riding a six-fight win streak. During this run he’s earned spectacular knockouts against Junior Dos Santos, Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum, Andrei Arlovski and Mark Hunt. He looks to continue building his legacy with another impressive performance.
Light heavyweight champion Cormier (20-1 1NC, fighting out of San Jose, Calif.) is no stranger to the 265-pound division. The former Olympian won the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in 2012 with a five-round victory over Josh Barnett. He also holds victories over former champ Frank Mir, Antonio Silva and Roy Nelson. In January, Cormier successfully defended his 205-pound title against Volkan Oezdemir. He is now gunning to become only the fifth fighter to win titles in two UFC divisions.
Currently riding one of the most impressive win streaks in UFC history, Holloway (19-3, fighting out of Waianae, Hawaii) secured his first successful title defense with a spectacular TKO win over former titleholder Jose Aldo in December. During his run, he’s earned victories against former lightweight champ Anthony Pettis, Ricardo Lamas, Jeremy Stephens and Cub Swanson. Holloway aims to continue his dominant ways by dispatching an undefeated title threat.
Ortega (14-0 1NC, fighting out of Los Angeles, Calif.) has been on a tear since joining the UFC in 2014. In his last three outings, he’s taken home four Fight Night bonuses, and in March, he became the first fighter to finish former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar. Known for his incredible grappling and evolving striking, he’s also finished Cub Swanson, Renato Moicano, Clay Guida and Thiago Tavares. With UFC gold in his sights, Ortega plans to hand Holloway his first loss in almost five years.
Additional bouts for UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIERinclude:
- In a battle of powerful heavyweight strikers, No. 1-ranked contender and former title challenger Francis Ngannou (11-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev. by way of Batie, Cameroon) squares off with No. 6 Derrick Lewis (19-5 1NC, fighting out of Houston, Texas)
- Decorated kickboxing star Gokhan Saki (1-1, fighting out of Kars, Turkey by way of Schiedam, Netherlands) returns to the Octagon® against hard-hitting Khalil Rountree (7-3, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.)
- In a clash of middleweight KO artists, No. 10-ranked contender Uriah Hall (14-8. Fighting out of Queens, N.Y.) takes on unbeaten No. 14 Paulo Costa (11-0, fighting out of Contagem, Brazil)
- In a pivotal bantamweight contest, No. 3-ranked Raphael Assuncao (26-5, fighting out of Alpharetta, Ga. by way of Recife, Brazil) takes on No. 12 Rob Font(15-3, fighting out of Woburn, Mass.)
- Dangerous strikers Yancy Medeiros (15-5 1NC, fighting out of Makaha, Hawaii) and Mike Perry (11-3, fighting out of Orlando, Fla.) will throw down in a welterweight bout
Bouts for THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATED FINALEinclude:
- THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATEDfeatherweight and lightweight tournament finals
- Middleweight finishers collide as Alessio Di Chirico(11-2, fighting out of Rome, Italy) faces Julian Marquez (7-1, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.)
- In a battle of The Ultimate Fighter veterans, Roxanne Modafferi (21-15, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) squares off with Barb Honchak (10-4, fighting out of Everett, Wash.)
- Montana De La Rosa (8-4, fighting out of Fort Worth, Tex.) will lock horns with her former Ultimate Fighterteammate Rachael Ostovich (4-3, fighting out of Honolulu, Hawaii)
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIER will air live on Pay-Per-View at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, July 7, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FS1 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS® at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT.
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATED FINALE will air live on FS1 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Friday, July 6, with prelims starting FS1 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS® at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. Doors open at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT.
Tickets for UFC® 226: MIOCIC vs. CORMIER go on sale Friday, April 27 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $800, $650, $550, $450, $375, $300, $240, $205, $165, $125 and $85 (does not include fees). Tickets are available for purchase online at www.axs.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets on Wednesday, April 25 at 10 a.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, April 26 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Tickets for THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER®: UNDEFEATED FINALE go on sale Friday, April 27 at 12 p.m. PT and are priced at $279, $179 and $105 (does not include fees). Tickets are available for purchase online at www.ticketmaster.com. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club® members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets on Wednesday, April 25 at 12 p.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, April 26 starting at 12 p.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com.
Join our Monthly Membership so you can have a chance to win PRIZES by going here.
**All proceeds will help us sponsor fighters**
Help us keep the lights on