Tuesday January 16, 2016— UFC 196: Werdum vs. Velasquez 2 will take place on Super Bowl weekend, Feb. 6, 2016 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The main event is a rematch between heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum who will be fighting against Cain Velasquez.
In the main card, Johny Hendricks will go against Stephen Thompson and heavyweight Roy Nelson will take on Jared Rosholt, light heavyweight Ovince Saint Preux “OSP” will meet Rafael Cavalcante, and flyweight Joseph Benavidez will take on Zach Makovsky.
On UFC Fight Pass prelim, Mickey Gall with a record of 1-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC, will take on welterweight Michael Jackson, and if he scores a W, Gall will take on former WWE wrestler Phil “CM Punk” Brooks with a record of 0-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC. Welterweight Josh Burkman takes on K.J. Noons on FOX Sports 1-televised prelim.
Below is the official fight card and in the extended preview, you will listen to Fabricio Werdum, Cain Velasquez, Johny Hendricks, Stephen Thompson and UFC analyst Joe Rogan as they preview UFC 196.
UFC 196: Extended Preview:
UFC 196 Fight Card:
(Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the heavyweight championship: Champ Fabricio Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez
- Johny Hendricks vs. Stephen Thompson
- Roy Nelson vs. Jared Rosholt
- Rafael Cavalcante vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Zach Makovsky
PRELIMINARY CARD # 2
(FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Josh Burkman vs. K.J. Noons
- Damian Grabowski vs. Derrick Lewis
- Mike Pyle vs. Sean Spencer
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Alex Nicholson
PRELIMINARY CARD # 1
(UFC Fight Pass, 6 p.m. ET)
- Mickey Gall vs. Michael Jackson
- Artem Lobov vs. Alex White
- Ray Borg vs. Justin Scoggins
- Noad Lahat vs. Diego Rivas
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!