Las Vegas – FightBook MMA has your UFC 259 results: Jan Blachowicz vs Israel Adesanya.
This event will take place Saturday, March 6 at UFC APEX in Las Vegas. The event will stream live on Pay-Per-View, exclusively through ESPN+ in the U.S. at 10 p.m. ET in both English and Spanish. Preliminary fights will air nationally in English on ESPN and in Spanish on ESPN Deportes, as well as being simulcast in both languages on ESPN+ starting at 8 p.m. ET. Early prelims will be available on UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+ (in English and Spanish) at 5:15 p.m. ET. Fans will be able to purchase this event online at ESPNPlus.com/PPV.
In the main event, newly-crowned UFC light heavyweight champion Jan Blachowicz makes his first title defense against UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya, who aims to become only the fifth fighter to simultaneously hold belts in two UFC weight classes. In the co-main event, Two-division titleholder Amanda Nunes puts her UFC featherweight championship on the line against talented striker Megan Anderson. In the featured bout, UFC bantamweight champion Petr Yan looks to take out surging No. 1 contender Aljamain Sterling.
UFC 259 results: Blachowicz vs Adesanya fight:
Main Card (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- For the light heavyweight title: Jan Blachowicz def. Israel Adesanya by unanimous decision
- For the women’s featherweight title: Amanda Nunes def. Megan Anderson by tapout via armbar in Round 1, 2:03
- For the bantamweight title: Aljamain Sterling def. Petr Yan by disqualification via illegal knee
- Islam Makhachev def. Drew Dober by submission arm-triangle choke in Round 2, 1:37
- Aleksandar Rakic def. Thiago Santos by unanimous decision
Preliminary Card #2 (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET)
- Dominick Cruz def. Casey Kenney by split decision
- Kyler Phillips def. Song Yadong by unanimous decision
- Askar Askarov def. Joseph Benavidez by unanimous decision
- Kai Kara-France def. Rogerio Bontorin by TKO in Round 1, 4:55
Preliminary Card #1 (ESPN+, 5:15 p.m. ET)
- Tim Elliott def. Jordan Espinosa by unanimous decision
- Kennedy Nzechukwu def. Carlos Ulberg by TKO in Round 2, 3:19
- Sean Brady def. Jake Matthews by tapout arm-triangle choke in Round 3, 3:28
- Amanda Lemos def. Livinha Souza by TKO in Round 1, 3:39
- Uros Medic def. Aalon Cruz by TKO in Round 1. 1:40
- Trevin Jones def. Mario Bautista by TKO in Round 2, :40
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting