(#12) DEREK BRUNSON vs. (#14) ROAN “JUCAO” CARNEIRO
(#11) JOHN LINEKER vs. CODY GARBRANDT
TICKETS FOR UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: COWBOY vs. MEANS
AT CONSOL ENERGY CENTER
ON SALE FRIDAY, JANUARY 22
Las Vegas – The UFC® returns to Pittsburgh for the first time in five years as one of the sport’s most successful and popular fighters makes his debut in a new weight division. Fresh off competing for the lightweight title, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone will fight at welterweight for the first time in his UFC career when he takes on Tim Means, Feb. 21 at CONSOL Energy Center. The event will air on FS1.
Cowboy (28-6, 1 NC; fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) will make his debut at 170 lbs. after competing at 155 lbs. and most recently challenging lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos for the title (Dec. 19, 2015). Cowboy has won eight of his last nine bouts, including eight consecutive victories over Evan Dunham, Adriano Martins, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Eddie Alvarez, Myles Jury, Benson Henderson and John Makdessi, dating back to Nov. 2013. He has won 15 fights by submission and five by KO during his career.
Will Cowboy be able to continue his success competing against bigger fighters? That will be the question that is answered when he goes up against the veteran Means. Also a native of Albuquerque, albeit a different gym, Means (25-7-1) has won four of his last five bouts, including an impressive second-round TKO of John Howard that earned him a Performance of the Night bonus. At 6’2”, Means will be taller and have a longer reach than most of Cowboy’s past opponents, and his tremendous cardio and precise technique will make for an intriguing matchup against Cowboy’s outstanding Muay Thai and submission skills.
Two hard-hitting middleweights will set the table for the main event when #12 Derek Brunson (14-3; fighting out of Wilmington, North Carolina) squares off against #14 Roan Carneiro (20-9; fighting out of Atlanta, Georgia). Brunson is riding a three-fight winning streak and has won five of his last six bouts, with his last three victories coming over highly touted opponents Sam Alvey, Ed Herman and Lorenz Larkin. An impressive victory could propel Brunson into the top 10.
At 37, Carneiro is also focused on making a run for a top-10 ranking, coming off an impressive first-round submission win over Mark Munoz. Born in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Carneiro has nine career first-round finishes, and a resume that includes three wins by knockout and nine by submission. A second consecutive victory could earn Carneiro a shot against a top-10 opponent.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT®: COWBOY vs. MEANS will air live on FS1 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Sunday, Feb. 21, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FS1 at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS® at 5:15 p.m. ET/2:15 p.m. PT.
Additional bouts include:
- 11 bantamweight John Lineker (26-7; Paranagua, Parana, Brazil) takes on undefeated Cody Garbrandt (7-0; Sacramento, Calif.), who launched his professional MMA career while living in Pittsburgh
- 8 featherweight Dennis Bermudez (15-5; Lindenhurst, New York) vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri (35-8-2; Ibaraki, Japan)
- Brandon Thatch (11-3; Denver, Colo.) vs. Siyar Bahadurzada (21-6-1; Boca Raton, Fla.)
- A lightweight bout featuring James Krause (22-7; Lee’s Summit, Missouri) vs. Shane Campbell (12-3; Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada)
- Alex Garcia (13-2; Montreal, Quebec, Canada) Sean Strickland (16-1; Corona, Calif.)
- Women’s bantamweights Marion Reneau (6-2; Visalia, Calif) vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith (3-1; Laguna Hills, Calif.)
- Chris Camozzi (22-10; Lakewood, Colo.) Joe Riggs (41-16, 1 NC; Glendale, Ariz.)
- Middleweight Daniel Sarafian (10-5; Sao Paulo, Brazil) vs. Oluwale Bamgbose (5-1; New York, NY)
- Trevor Smith (13-6; Tukwila, Wash.) Leonardo Augusto Guimaraes (11-1; Salvador, Bahia, Brazil)
- A women’s bantamweight bout between Sarah Moras (4-3; Kelowna, BC, Canada) and Lauren Murphy (8-2; Glendale, Ariz.)
- Anthony Hamilton (14-4; Albuquerque, N.M.) Shamil Abdurakhimov (15-3; Dagestan, Russia)
- Bryan Barberena (10-2; Glendale, Ariz.) vs. Jonavin Webb (8-0; Marlton, New Jersey
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!