Saturday February 20, 2016— WSOF 28 took place at the Next Level Sports Complex in Garden Grove, Calif. The main card aired on NBCSN. Below you will find the official results and video highlights of the event.
The main event was a Bantamweight title fight where Marlon Moraes defended his title for the third time against challenger Joseph Barajas.
In the first round Moraes came in with vicious leg kicks to Barajas until he couldn’t take anymore. Barajas right leg buckled and referee John McCarthy waved the fight as Barajas crumpled to the mat at 1:13 mark of the first round.
Marlon Moraes talks about what it took to get it done and who he wants to challenge next.
In the co-main event, Chris Gutierrez made his debut at World Series of Fighting and he did it against Timur Valiev.
In what would be considered an upset, this fight was a back and forth battle throughout all 3 rounds. In the end, Chris defeated Timur by split decision.
Official WSOF 28 results:
- Champ Marlon Moraes def. Joseph Barajas by TKO (kicks) in Round 1, 1:13 – to retain bantamweight title
- Chris Gutierrez def. Timur Valiev by split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jamie Yager def. Daniel McWilliams by submission (armbar) in Round 1, 0:38
- Ozzie Alvarez def. Andrew Ramm by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Steve Ramirez def. Kyle Estrada by knockout (punches) in Round 1, 1:01
- Isaias Alvarado def. Garrick Evans by TKO (strikes) in Round 1, 3:21
- Heinrich Wassmer def. Keenan Lewis by submission (rear-naked choke) in Round 3, 3:02
- Jalin Turner def. Eric Steans by knockout (punch) in Round 1, 0:38
- Fard Muhammad def. Mike Kubeska by majority decision (28-28, 29-27, 28-27)
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!