13 May, 2016 – ROAD Fighting Championship announces that Main Event fighters Bantamweight Champion Lee Yun-Jun and recent UFC veteran George Roop have made weight for this Saturday’s Xiaomi ROAD FC 031.
A great deal of pre-fight smack talk went on between the two in the lead up to the event and the follow through came when Lee raced up to Roop and butted heads. Roop pushed him out of the way and Lee got even angrier. The referees rushed in and stopped the two from getting any more aggressive. Roop ended by repeating his mantra, that he’d finish the “paper” champ and take the win back home to the USA.
ROAD FC Lightweight Champion Kwon A-Sol and last minute stand in Kuwabara Kiyoshi for Lee Dool-Hee are green lit for their Openweight Bout. Kwon was unusually polite to his opponent, grateful for the brave Kuwabara for stepping up in just 4 days.
Yoon Dong-Sik and “Ryo” Choi Young facing off quieted the room, as most of those in attendance were appreciative of the two Korean legends’ impact on the sport of MMA. This will be Ryo’s first fight in Korea in ten years, and the DEEP Middleweight Champion said he was excited to finally be back.
Bruno Miranda unfortunately missed weight by 200g which cost him 50% of his purse and a 5 point yellow card deduction from a decision score against Jung Doo-Jae.
In the only female match on the card, both Emi Fujino and Hong Yoon-Ha looked strong and made weight with no problems.
Hot prospect Choi Mu-Song and China’s staunch MMA veteran Alatengheili respectfully squared off, and ill be the opening match for Xiaomi ROAD FC 031 tomorrow night.
Xiaomi ROAD FC 031 Official Weigh In Results
13 May, 2016
The K-Hotel, Seoul, South Korea
6th Featherweight Match
- Lee Yun-Jun : 65.85kg (Pass)
- George Roop : 65.2kg (Pass)
- 5th Openweight Match
- Kwon A-Sol : 87.9kg
- Kuwabara Kiyoshi : 97.1kg
- 4th Middleweight Match
- Yoon Dong-Sik : 84.3kg (Pass)
- Choi Young : 84.2kg (Pass)
- 3rd -69kg Catchweight Match
- Jung Doo-Jae : 69.45kg (Pass)
- Bruno Miranda : 69.7kg (Fail) Penalties: Yellow card 5 point deduction from final score, 50% purse
- 2nd Women’s Strawweight Match
- Fujino Emi : 52.5kg (Pass)
- Hong Yun-Ha : 51.85kg (Pass)
- 1st Bantamweight Match
- Choi Mu-Song : 61.95kg (Pass)
- Alatengheili : 61.9kg (Pass)
YOUNG GUNS 28 Official Weigh-In Results
6th Lightweight Match
- Kim Kyeong-Pyo : 70.3kg (Pass)
- Lan Hao : 70.45kg (Pass)
- 5th -67.5kg Catchweight Match
- Kim Won-Gi : 67.9kg (Pass)
- Min Gyung-Chul : 67.5kg (Pass)
- 4th Lightweight Match
- Ki Won-Bin : 70.1kg (Pass)
- Lim Byeong-Ha : 70.45kg (Pass)
- 3rd Featherweight Match
- Jung Young-Sam : 65.85kg (Pass)
- Yang Jae-Ung : 65.6kg (Pass)
- 2nd Lightweight Match
- Jung Jae-Il : 69.85 (Pass)
- Jo Young-Jun : 70.45kg (Pass)
- 1st Flyweight Match
- Park Noh-Myeong : 57.3kg (Pass)
- Wang De Yu : 56.85kg (Pass)
LIKE WHAT YOU READ? COMMENT BELOW.
WANT TO HELP SPONSOR A FIGHTER? CLICK HERE.
Nuyelo is dedicated to providing healthy supplements to athletes and those seeking to enhance a healthy lifestyle. We give the best tasting, most effective, and balanced nutritional supplements ever!
Click HERE to check out the online Store!!