Abu Dhabi is a special place for Jarrah Al-Selawe. It was there that “The Jordanian Lion” first became a BRAVE Combat Federation champion, and this Friday, he returned to the Mubadala Arena to reclaim the Welterweight world title in emphatic fashion by stopping Abdoul Abdouraguimov in the main event of BRAVE CF 27.
The two had a boiling rivalry coming into the rematch. After Abdoul won the title from Al-Selawe at BRAVE CF 23 in a disputed split decision, both men started to trade barbs and it all came to a boiling point during the ceremonial weigh-ins, when they started a brawl that ended up involving BRAVE CF president Mohammed Shahid and cage announcer Carlos Kremer.
Inside the cage, it was a dominant performance by the two-time BRAVE CF champion, who was able to stuff almost all of Abdouraguimov’s takedown attempts and keep the fight standing, where he showed why he’s one of the most dangerous fighters on the planet today.
With a vast repertoire of leg kicks, body shots, and jabs, Al-Selawe began to wear Abdoul down, and the champ simply didn’t have any answers as he was repeatedly frustrated by Jarrah’s world-class takedown defense. “The Jordanian Lion”.
After the third round, with a cut on his face, Abdouraguimov quit and Jarrah became the first-ever BRAVE CF two-time world champion.
BRAVE CF 27 Results
- Welterweight: Jarrah Al-Selawe def. Abdoul Abdouraguimov by TKO (Retirement) – End of Round 3
- Lightweight: Alex Martinez def. Anas Siraj Mounir by KO – Round 2
- Welterweight: Khamzat Chimaev def. Mzwandile Hlongwa by technical submission (D’Arce choke)
- Middleweight: Rustam Chsiev def. Tarek Suleiman by unanimous decision
- Middleweight: Mohammad Fakhreddine def. Christofer Silva by TKO (leg-kicks) – Round 1
- Featherweight: Abdulatip Magomedov def. Sulaiman Al-Moddhyan by TKO (Doctor Stoppage) – End of Round 1
- Bantamweight: Tariq Ismail def. Jalal Al-Daaja by unanimous decision
- Super Lightweight: Dwight Brooks def. Alex Nacfur by TKO – Round 2
- Super Lightweight: Flavio Serafin def. Mohammed Al-Khatib by KO – Round 2
- Bantamweight: Zia Mashwani def. John Cris Corton by unanimous decision
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.