Sochi, Rusia – BRAVE Combat Federation’s first-ever Russian main event has been confirmed this morning in Sochi, Russia, as both champion Eldar Eldarov and challenger Leonardo Mafra made the Super Lightweight limit and will square off for Eldarov’s 165lbs (74,9kg) world title at BRAVE CF 46, in association with Krepost Selection.
World champion Eldar Eldarov stepped at the scale at 74,8 kg, while his Brazilian counterpart Leonardo Mafra officially weighed in at 74,4kg – Mafra skipped the ceremonial weigh-ins. In the co-main event, Ali Bagautinov and Oleg Lichkovakha are set to square off in a 59,5 kg Catchweight bout, with both men also making weight – Bagautinov at 59,5 kg on the dot, and Lichkovakha at 59,25 kg.
However, two fighters weren’t able to make their contracted weights, forcing BRAVE CF 46 to move on with 11 bouts. Gamzat Khiramagomedov stepped in at 86,3 kg for his Middleweight clash with Rustam Chsiev, who made weight. The fight was canceled after no agreement was reached for a Catchweight contest.
Bantamweight Bair Shtepin fell ill during his weight-cut and chose not to participate in the official weigh-ins, thus canceling his contest with Alexander Keshtov, who made weight, just like his teammate Chsiev.
BRAVE CF 46 will move on with 11 bouts, and exciting match-ups to kick off what promises to be a historic 2021 for the fastest-growing MMA organization in the world.
BRAVE CF 46 Weigh-in results:
- Super Lightweight – Eldar Eldarov (74,8 kg) vs Leonardo Mafra (74,4 kg)
- Catchweight (59,5kg) – Ali Bagautinov (59,5 kg) vs Oleg Lichkovakha (59,25 kg)
- Catchweight (67 kg) – Roman Bogatov (66,9 kg) vs Nurzhan Akishev (67,05)
- Heavyweight – Konstantin Erokhin (103 kg) vs Zhyrgalbek Chomonov (118 kg)
- Catchweight (68 kg) – Magomed Absudalamov (67,95 kg) vs Andrey Lezhnev (67,8 kg)
- Catchweight (71kg) – Abdisalam Kubanychbek (70,85 kg) vs Jahongir Saidjamolov (70,85 kg)
- Super Lightweight – Khunkar-Pasha Osmaev (74,55 kg) vs Yuriy Verenitsen (75,2 kg)
- Catchweight (90 kg) – Murtaza Talha (89,65 kg) vs Dmitriy Krivulets (88,9 kg)
- Lightweight – Murad Bilarov (70,75 kg) vs Fedor Babich (70 kg)
- Catchweight (59Kg) – Zokirzhon Khashimov (57,5 kg) vs Magomed Kamalov (58,95 kg)
- Super Lightweight – Saygidgusein Surkhaev (74 kg) vs Erkinbai Abdusalamov (74,9 kg)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#mma #combatsportsnews #BRAVECF #ufc #muaythai #boxing #kickboxing #prowrestling #bareknucklefighting