The stage is set for BRAVE Combat Federation’s year-end extravaganza and its first venture on Serbian soil this weekend as all the 18 protagonists scheduled to compete on the card made weight during the official weigh-ins on Friday, December 17.
The state-of-the-art Belexpocentar in Belgrade, Serbia will play host to the much-awaited BRAVE CF 56 on Saturday, December 18, and it is headlined by a pivotal lightweight encounter between Filipino mixed martial arts star Rolando “The Incredible” Dy and local favorite Slobodan Maksimovic.
All eyes were on Dy, who literally had to go through the eye of a needle to secure a visa for his marquee showdown against Maksimovic tomorrow night.
Dy was originally scheduled to fly out from Manila, Philippines last Monday, December 13, but he had to postpone his flight as his trip to Indonesia–where Serbia has a diplomatic office–would require him to undergo quarantine for 10 days.
BRAVE CF officials exerted their best efforts in finding the safest and the most ideal way for Dy to timely arrive for his fight. He was instead rebooked for Dubai, United Arab Emirates, where he was finally able to secure a Serbian visa in less than 24 hours.
Purchase your tickets for all your MMA and Boxing Events by going here.
Dy, who finally set foot in Belgrade last Thursday, December 16, effortlessly met the allowable non-title weight limit of the lightweight division as he tipped the scales at 70.6 KG. Like the Filipino standout, his opponent Maksimovic also had no difficulties in making the weight, coming at 70.7 KG.
Dy, the 2020 BRAVE CF Fighter of the Year awardee, desperately needs an impressive performance to maintain his status in the stacked weight class lorded by newly-minted kingpin Ahmed “The Butcher” Amir. Meanwhile, Maksimovic is eager to keep rolling and make a big first impression on the global stage.
BRAVE CF 56 will air live and for free on BRAVE CF TV.
Official Weigh-In Results:
- Lightweight: Rolando Dy (70.6 KG) vs. Slobodan Maksimovic (70.7 KG)
- Middleweight: Mikhail Allakhverdian (83.8 KG) vs. Miro Jurkovic (84.3 KG)
- Super Lightweight: Ahmed Labban (75.3 KG) vs. Nemanja Kovac (75.3 KG)
- Bantamweight: Matiss Zaharovs (61.7 KG) vs. Borislav Nikolic (61.6 KG)
- Light Heavyweight: Zvonimir Kralj (93.3 KG) vs. Jakob Nedoh (93.3 KG)
- Super Welterweight: Tomek Langowski (79.8 KG) vs. Jovan Marjanovic (79.8 KG)
- Featherweight: Abdullah Al-Qahtani (66.1 KG) vs. Nejc Preloznik (66 KG)
- Catchweight (77 KG): Nikolay Nikolov (76.8 KG) vs. Milos Cvetkovic (77 KG)
- Bantamweight: Ahmet Simsek (61.7 KG) vs. Miljan Zdravkovic (61.3 KG)
Roberto Villa is the CEO, Founder, Executive Writer, Senior Editor of FightBook MMA. Has a passion for Combat Sports and also a podcast host for Sitting Ringside. He’s also a former MMA fighter and Kickboxer.
#MMA #CombatSportsNews #BRAVECF #UFC #MuayThai #Boxing #Kickboxing #carloskremer #theroaringcarloskremer #Prowrestling #BareKnuckleFighting